Important Recruiting opportunity

kodoz

This has been suggested time after time, and then said would happen, but never seems to get farther than that. Its the trade event Idea. The following are the main recruitment hotspots, and if anyone is willing to help make this happen please post. We will need crafters, collectors, recruiters, and fighters. Helping people out gives a great impression on our guild and our people. The current best hotspots, in order of best to least, are Haven, Umbra, Luna, and Britain. We should set up tables and act like vendors either giving away items or selling them at an easily affordable price to a young player. I prefer giving away for free, but this may or may not be the consensus. Our Crafters should all bring beetles, and have tools handy. The collectors should bring any excess or unwanted items they have collected and give them out to the young players. The recruiters would be mingling and chatting with our customers. The fighters would be 1vs1 fighters, mages, and tamers, to show the types of people and the battle savvy that PGoH can give to its members. Please post any comments, thoughts, complaints, suggestions, questions, or proposals on this.

I'd like to help out on this whenever my job will allow me the time.

One suggestion is to make a pack for the young players containing a weapon, armor, aids, a few potions and a few repair deeds. I would also say put a book in there with recruiter pigeon numbers in it and how to join the guild. Might be a good idea to give them a runebook with a rune to a city and one to Olympus.

Thats a good idea. We could also set up some kinds of games to run and give away prizes. We could give out the bags at the end, so they have a good amount of interperson contact. Any other ideas/thoughts/suggestions/proposals/complaints/comments?

I believe GoL runs a helpdesk weekly targeted to new players. They used to run it in Haven, but have recently moved it to their Malas home.

The problem with Haven was it brought out griefers in mass amounts at times. People that just basically wanted to be asses and made things harder on everybody.

Umbra would be a good bet becuase of all the young players that start as necromancers.

Luna has a good amount of new and old players.

Brit could be a hassle due to lag.

Another idea, do it in the PGoH City or at Olympus. Less chance of lag and people could be gated there from the other 4.

Wouldn't hurt to talk with GoL and see how their help desk is going. Possibly run our event in conjunction with thiers. Might benefit both guilds that way.

err...PGoH Olympus sometimes lags more than the west brit bank...and when i meant to recruit at britain, specifically the graveyard. Plenty of young players go there to build up skills, in fact i took around 6 of them to shame with me and talked to them about the guild as i helped them work together. So far ive gotten 2 of those 6 on my icq now, and will tell you when or if they decide to join. But yes, Umbra and Luna are best bets. And I think we should plan this perhaps this saturday? how would that work out? id still like to hear from others as well, so post whats on your mind!

All of these ideas are exceelent and really should be carried out. When we do this, count me in for free bow repairs and handing out free gm repair tickets. Working up a scribe as well, so I could probably get a good amount of recall scrolls together also.

So how many of you could make it this saturday?. nad of those what times could you make it? we should get ready to schedule

We should wait until next Saturday. This gives us much more time to make sure we have enough of everything for our 1st one and gives enough time to have it announced on Stratics to make sure as many people as possible know all about us, err the event ???

A little note on Haven. Holding the event at the Haven Bank would indeed attract greifers, however, there is a spot that we can use in Haven.

At the north western end of the city is a marble patio house placed in city limits. What most dont remember is that this was the Companion Guild house whn we were still an officially run program. We could base ourselves out of this and have members roaming haven, brining young players to th event. It is seculded enough to avoid mass amounts of greifers but still acually in the city of haven so Young players can find us.

Just an idea for a good spot.

I know Im not part of PGoH but I would like to help if you need people. I have to work at 1pm ET but im usually on early morning till noon. and then again at 11pm. I could be a gopher of some sorts for you guys. Lemme know Kodoz if you need my help. I nderstand if its a guild event though, no problem!! :smash:

All help is graciously accepted of course. Plus your an example of how we can help people who are new or returning to the game :D