Various posts from people.

Balandar

From shadowclan.

Gotrug

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:41 pm Post subject: lvling from 1-10 in under 2hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thought i would post a fast leveling guide to 10 since our release date draws near. Things to take into conisderation is that i was irek but on a seperate server(deception) so i was not under the confines of the guild rules. however, with the impending release date and everyone at lvl 1 this would be a great get together. Also note there is a bug that allows you to invite 12 people into a group i found tonight not 10. I asked many people and they said 10 was max but we had 12(more on that later).

Starting town should be the initial one (An(somthing))

gather up as many soon to be clannies as you can, head north east and beat up everything in the first camp. should be snakes, hunters, trackers. get to lvl 5 here. this shouldnt take more than 30 mins max. dont worry about training.

6-8 from the tree in your starting city head due west. you will come to gromphs in a camp. just kill everything that spawns including orcs hounds and grophms. got to lvl 8 in 45 min(not including travel time of about 2 mins or so).

9-10 continue straight west but be carefull. there are 3 camps of gromphs here and some of them have bows and do not like casters. Be ready to die here the camps as your heading west will be to your north a little from the 3 way intercetion, south and straight west at a burned down village. these 2 levels were a pain because we didnt have a healer. once we did though it flew by painlessly.

Enjoy

Another from Shadowclan:

Gabriel

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:39 pm Post subject: LOW LEVEL HUNTING PLAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wipe provides us with a perfect opportunity to test our intake and low-level grouping procedures for release. I was able to log in for a brief period this morning and it was total chaos- there were about a half dozen Irekei "Jah"ing on guild chat, but attempting to meet up with any of them was an exercise in frustration. Providing an orderly startup experience for our new members will be a lot of work, especially since we no longer have the option to form subguilds to the Tyrranth Minor Safeholds.

The key to our success will be having a dedicated coordinator- a "Jahular" ("welcomer") in Justan's Rest, tasked with tracking locations and openings of the Irekei leveling groups in play, and helping new players get logged on, oriented, and connected with a group. We'll also need to make sure that the leader of each group is coordinating with the Jahular on duty, and that we make provision for the inevitable crashes and deaths.

PROPOSAL

Duties of the Jahular:

-Remain in Justan's Rest and focus on coordination of hunting groups and orientation of new players

-Keep track of the location and number of openings in each sekr'akt (hunting group).

-Answer questions for new Irekei, help them get oriented to the gameworld and interface. Have them level up to 3 on their own to get a feel for the combat interface, then direct them to a sekr'akt

-Broadcast occasional recruiting information announcements on /info; less frequently, repledge to hamlets of the other 2 safeholds in order to shill there too.

-Announce when turning over Jahular duties to another player

Duties of the Sekr'akt Head:

-Keep Jahular informed of your movements and number of openings

-Lead group to new hunting areas as needed. Avoid madhouses like the Grobold King.

-Keep an eye out for new arrivals; get them in the group as quickly as possible, answer questions as needed.

-If you die, disband and let the Dub take over until you return. When you make it back, you can reclaim the group or leave it in his hands as you think best.

Duties of the Sekr'akt Dub:

-Be ready to take over the group if the group leader dies or crashes. Unless the person who gets the random group leadership knows how to transfer lead to you, it may be easier to simply reform the group.

-Designate a new Dub as soon as you take over.

Archived