Message from Mordred Mortain

LukkanMortain

message found in old leather bag at steps of Olympus:

Dear Guardians,

I am in distress, O great ones. Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mordred Mortain, Blacksmith from Trinsic currently living in Umbra. I was affiliated with your guild long ago. I used to produce ingots for a fair lady named Serena. Along with myself, I lived in a small hut with my twin brother, Lukkan. That name may ring clear for a few of the elders. That is where my distress begins and also a warning to your guild. Lukkan was a legionairre with your guild. Strong in heart, eager to serve, but extremely hot-headed. He lacked the patience to learn the proper use of his skills. He eventually became complacent with what he called "tedious" teachings and wanted more and more to explore and fight. At that time, my loving mother and father, along with another younger brother and sister, lived outside of Trinsic near the mines. My father was a law-abiding miner and mother a nurturer and a Natural Mage. He believed in the PGoH and the protection they afforded his family. Lukkan's lack of obedience towards the PGoH was not tolerated by my father and thus Lukkan was no longer welcome in my fathers house. Lukkan left vowing to take revenge when he felt he could destroy my father( mainly after my mother's death, what with her skills and all). He eventually entered Fellucca where he was constantly beaten, tortured, thieved, and mistreated. This turned his heart black with anger and he set out to kill thieves, assassins, and all who preyed upon the innocent. Although virtuous this had a reverse effect on him. He turned into what he hated most....pure evil. This continued for many years until he was targeted by 13 mages and warriors from a guild called Guardians of Light. Needless to say, they disposed of my brother quite easily. Until the return of Lord Blackthorne, which opened up other lands. The necromancer Mardoth, opened the graves of all thieves, assassins, and sneaks in Fellucca creating the undead army of necromancers. Guardians he is back!!! And extremely powerful!! Myself, along with my sister Gloriana,an animal tamer magician, her daughter Gwynn, and my brother Alexi, an apprentice paladin, have vowed to release the evil surrounding our hallowed family name. But we cannot come close to approaching him. Me being a mere Smith, Alexi, too new to affect him, and the girls just arent strong enough. He has many in his Army and they are very powerful. We managed to find his old house in Fellucca in hopes of finding some clue of where he is. Everything was decaying just as he is, but there was a small scroll he used to scribe some notes given to him in his legionairre status with your guild. On it, some names of people I assume gave him knowledge under your guild. I wanted to make you aware that Lukkan is back in Brittannia, and he is extremely dangerous!! I don't believe he will target your guild for any reason, he was always extremely fond of them, until his impetuous departure. As a citizen of Trinsic, I just thought you should be aware of this. I am doing my best to locate him, which is why I currently reside in Umbra. Here were the names on his scroll:

Kalandar

Wolf

Serena

Mortok

Prometheus

Coldren

If ye should see him, use extreme caution......For strength and honor,

Mordred Mortain

Hmm... This is most odd... He didst send me a pigeon to tell Ser Brightblade he was returned i believe, i shall be more careful in the future.

Kodoz,

I plead thee be careful! I am almost convinced that he has no ill will towards PGoH, in fact they have never once harmed him. The list I have was found in his house before he died. Tis just a warning that he MAY try and contact these guardians, for what reason is unknown. But he has been training in the black arts under Mardoth for awhile now, its just I'm unsure of his motives. I have heard of noone coming into contact with him in a harmful way as of yet. But as heavy and scarred as his heart was when he died, it can't be any better now. He may befriend you and nothing come of it. But his motives may not be honorable. If you see him, please alert the Ancient Clan of Elders guild.

post script: Aye, Balandar, in my old age I have mispelled AND misnamed a guardian......it should read: Kalinaf!!

Edited by LukkanMortain