Loot System

Hinil

Discussion has started over the new loot system, I am not sure the exact working of the system, since I am not an officer and it has not been posted as of yet. However, if I understand correctly it will be something as follows

This is how DKPS (Dragon Kill Point System) works:

1. Guild determines TARGET MOB's to be included in/on a list (Guild Hit list)

2. Every target MOB is assigned a point value by the guild leaders usually based on strength of the mob in the overall game, but can be based on overall guild strength at that time too.

3. Each person who attends a raid specifically designed to off the target MOB gets that point value added to their accumulated DKP total matters not if the mob was actually killed or not

4. To start out a DKPS, PC's are usually given starter DKP's based on past service, participation, level, value to the guild, suckupability, and/or a whole host of other possible conditions.

5. Loot that drops (can drop) from a mob gets rated (valued) previous to a raid.

6. As loot drops, players bid on the items they want based on the value of that versus the number of DKP's they have. (Example: an RBB drops. The guild values this item as a 25. Players A, B, and C want the RBB. Each would have to have at least 25 DPS's to place an initial bid. Then, the higest bidder wins. This is a open, not closed bid, so everyone can assess the value of the drop against their desire to have the item. When the winner is determined ( time limit on bids is suggested ), the loot is awarded and immediately that point amount is deducted from their total DKP's.)

7. Present raid DKP's are not added to the total DKP's (TDKP) until after the raid is over, so no one may use future possible points for present bidding.

8. Many, many variations and alternate totalings and fuzzy accounting principles can be and are often used in the many various systems throughout EQ (Examples: 1. Each participant gets .25DKP for arriving within 5 minutes of the pre-selected starting time of the raid. 2. PC's are ranked based on TDKP/PTDKP [Potential TDKP which is the total possible amount of points if you were on-time and at every possible raid and stayed till the bitter end] someone with a 100% TDKP/PTDKP but 100 points would have first selection over someone with 5000 points but a 75% TDKP/PTDKP. 3. Meritorious service or Darwin awards are given at the conclusion of each raid where someone is awarded 15 points for sacrificing themselves so that others could gate or camp or succor, or someone is penalized 25 points for failing to stop a train (when they could have) that wiped the raid, or whatever.)

As stated I am not entirely sure when or how all points will be awarded, but from my understanding points from reading and talking with eldy, points will be awarded for the performance of specific event (i.e showing to raid), once again not sure of specifics as Eldy said Shawdar probably is most informed of how it will work. Once again assuming I understood correctly, the tier ranking is decided by overall participation in guild and guild events. Understand also that this new loot system is being set so that ppl that have been trying to obtain an item over long period of time will get the item not a person who shows up to raid once gets lucky and never shows up again.

Also I understand that the exact system that will be in use has not been clarified as of yet and that everybody is comfortable with older random loot system.

I do not want to advocate either system at this time, however I do wish to ask that everyone please give this new system a chance and to have faith in Eldy and Shaw to work this out so that it is beneficial and agreeable to all in the guild. I will send tell to Eldy and Shaw in game to let them know of this posting and also to ask them to post details of how the system will work and to clarify these details.

Thought of the week:

People wish to stay with-in the warmth and comfort of the known, however without traversing the unknown they are never capable of growing as individuals or as a society. The only thing that stays constant is that fact that everything changes; these changes cant not be defined in advance as good or bad, only as change. Will you embrace what changes come, to learn from lose and revel in victory. or will you fight that change, to never see what it could bring?

Hinil "the nutcase" Bobinil

Those that are considered insane are only a deviant of the norm, if insanity where the norm then normalcy would be insane.

P.S. now for my personal feelings of new loot system. I say that we give it a try; if it works good for us, if it does not work out then we can always change how we do things again

Wow hinil, it appears you have a better grasp of this new system than many of the officers, myself included.

Please post your opinions of this new looting method here.

If you dislike, don't just say that, please make suggestions as to how to improve it, thank you.

I know what I have weined from the same explaination that I have reposted and from what has been explained by Eldy.

And thank you Nurlaten for the suggestion that people that feel they may have a problem with new system not only state the fact that they have the problem but also that they state any suggestions towards this system that they feel wil benefit the guild as a whole.

Havent had chance to chat with Shaw or Eldy but will do so ASAP

As to the point system it is a work in progress, thoughts and ideas are still being worked out, but I will share a ruff draft that we have going in the leaders form, sorry I was not able to answer sooner but I had some computer problems that kept me offline for the last week,

Also feel free to add suggestions and comments on this system, as I said it is a ruff draft,

and Input and feelings are welcome

ok here is some input,

1 point for being @ guild raid

3 points for being at a posted guild raid and signing up on website 24 hours in advance of raid

1 point for each complet hour of attendance at the raid

10 points for assisting in the kill of boss mobs lvl 50+ and present for whole duration of raid

currently thinking of more,

mindwracks his brian for more stupid thoughts

a thought on rules, for earning guild points:

to earn guild points there must be no less then three officers present

during the raid to insure fair points to be awarded, also only raids that

have been posted on guild raid webiste will be considered, and there

Must be a 48 hour window for members to sign up before raid takes place,

the leader or officer in charge of the raid will post the points earned by

each member, to the guild website in the raid forum,

A sample of this would be:

eldoran opens a post in Eq Raid Forum

Topic: Raid on Kael 03/15/2003

Subtopic: Leader Eldoran, assist Galdin, Shawdar.

Body of Raid and text about raid

and other needed notes and thoughts,

at this point guild members sign up ,

After the raid the raid leader comes back and Edits the post of the

outcome of the raid and any items that need to be listed into the

Guild Treasury,

who got points at the raid and how many ponits they recived

and also who got no drop items and the points spent on the

the no drop item.

EQ Raids

also in subject of points, No officer or leader shall be given any extra points,

as leaders and officers we should set the standard and earn our points as

if we are no different from any other guild member,

1a:Lotto Restrictions - Who can enter in Raid at time of drop.

Only those players that can actually use the item

(i.e. class/race is listed on the item, with exceptions noted below for certain items)

can enter the lotto.

2: When a member of the guild wins or takes a item from guild lotto or Guild Treasury

they must turn over the item they currently have in that slot if it is not a no drop item,

or if the item they would be turning in to Guild Treasury would be needed for a later quest (IE such as epic items)

That item will be placed back into the Guild Treasury and bids for that item will be

opened at a later date. at the point when bids are opened the current holder will

post in the members forum that an item listed in guild treasurey is open for bids,

the bid will stay open for a period of one week, from the date of the origanl post,

all guild members will be able to post a bid for the item, provided they have the

current points to cover there bid, also no item in the guild treasury will be under bid,

By this we mean to say if the value is posted at 100 points then bidder must bid at

least the 100 points, after the bid is sealed to the highest bidder the points will be

transfered to the the player know as the holder, and the holder will turn over the

the gear to the highest bidder, A officer must be present at the point of turn over,

at this point the officer who was there will post in the guild forum who the item

was given to and that the Officer inspected the guild member and found the gear

Shown on that player, and the date it took place.

mindwracks his brian for more stupid thoughts

on the subject of tiers I also feel this is a good idea, older guild members should

not be competing with younger guild members for items that will be considered

for the point system, In this I mean that if you have been in the guild for 1 year

and wish to spend points on a item then you should not have to contest with a

guild member who has been in the guild only three months,

here are some basic thoughts:

Tier lvl 1 = New guild members up to 3 months, and 25 guild raids or less

Tier lvl 2 = Guild members over 3 months, 25+ guild raids up to 50 raids of exp

Tier lvl 3 = Guild members over 3 months, 50+ guild raids up to 75 raids of exp

Tier lvl 4 = Guild members over 6 months, 75+ guild raids up to 100 raids of exp

Tier lvl 5 = Guild members over 6 months, 100+ guild raids up to 200 raids of exp

Tier lvl 6 = Guild members over 9 months, 200+ guild raids

Still hammering out more in my head,

lol this post has become my scratch pad of thoughts so I will just keep editting to my ideas here

LOL Lola

And thank you for the response Shaw

Here is an idea from me that I am sure many guildmates would agree on

I believe that members should be able to obtain guildpoints through active participation in the guild, this mainly due to the fact that not everyone is able to attend "guild sactioned" raids. Not only that, somethings that guildmates need assistance with do not always require the assistance of the entire guild

Some examples:

- non-killing assists-i.e. a non cleric and/or a cleric going out of their way to assist someone with a rez.

- non-raid kill assist- guildmember is trying to obatin a piece of epic or specific loot drop, he/she cannot do solo however can be done with single grp or assistance of one other (this would need to be clarified)

- equipment-guildmate is trying to improve gear and someone in guild has item available that is better and allows the mate to use item either until he'she can obtain better or until further notice; this would also cover the area of tradeskills if one person in guild can make item that a guildmate is trying to obtain and does so.

This non-raid points would have to be monitored just as raids would be, however an idea for that would be that when player assists someone with situations, assisted player will allow guild to know through guildchat and post info about who assisted them with what on this site (post will need specific detail of situation), officer will make note of situation, then discuss with at least 2 other officers, the officers will then determine points based upon decided difficulty of the assistance and reply to posting with any points that would be awarded (closing the matter from further discussion) any assists that are not posted would not be considered for guild points with this.

easy assist - 1 point, i.e. cleric going to green zone to rez, low lvl mobs, and low lvl gear (0-100)

medium assist- 2 point, LB zone for rez, LB mobs, mid lvl gear (101-150)

hard assist- 3 points, standard DB zone for rez, DB mob, med/high gear (151-200), low lvl epic mobs

difficult assist- 4 points, non standard DB or higher zone for rez(high aggro zones, difficult passage (i.e Cinvis)), DB or higher mobs, high lvl gear (201-250), any epic mob above certain con or difficult

I will think more on the subject and see what I can come up with. :smash:

Archived