Shadowbane goes GOLD

Martok

Shadowbane Golden! 5:30 PM - Robert "Apache" Howarth - MMOG: Role-Playing - (18)UbiSoft just sent word that Shadowbane, the massively multiplayer role playing game from Wolfpack Studios has gone gold, and will be in stores around the 25th of this month. Here's the juice from the release:

San Francisco - March 5, 2003 - Ubi Soft Entertainment, one of the top ten video game publishers in the world, announced today that Shadowbane, the ground breaking massively-multiplayer online (MMO) game for both PC and Macintosh, has gone gold. Shadowbane has been designed and developed by Wolfpack Studios, based in Austin, Texas, and will be hosted and operated by ubi.com. Shadowbane makes its triumphant journey to retail shelves on March 25.

Shadowbane has been meticulously developed over the last four years - cultivating a worldwide fan base of several hundred thousand - in an effort to create what Computer Gaming World has called "The Next Great Online RPG." IGN.com has rated Shadowbane as one of their most anticipated MMOs of 2003, while Wired magazine says "Shadowbane redefines the massively multiplayer online role-playing genre."

Set in a dark fantasy world burning with strife and unrest, Shadowbane takes the MMO genre to new heights of possibility by offering gamers an unparalleled challenge. It combines immersive role-playing with deep strategic elements such as city management, army creation, siege warfare and economic development. Shadowbane is also the first MMO to offer a Dynamic World Model, in which players' actions and decisions permanently change the history, politics and landscape of the game.

Limited edition pre-order boxes are available at select retailers which will provide customers with exclusive early access to three select races: Minotaur, Aracoix, and Centaur.

Ok, here are my opinions on SB. WAY WAY WAY too buggy. Gone gold? How can you go gold when half of your beta testers are screaming the game is too unstable? Ah well. Lets hope they have it nailed down by the time it ships and can patch it! Overall, Shadowbane is still a good game despite all of the changes they have made from their concept. Certainly worth playing

I agree with you Hoth. GREAT POTENTIAL!

I preordered the game. I will be playing a Confessor! Your sins must be cleansed young one! Admit your guilt and let the fire cleanse your soul!

Archived