Malas Spawn

Earwen

This was asked in the last Ianstorm Q & A .. Short answer was that Malas was made as a peaceful place for housing so the creatures are sparce, with Doom being the hard exception to that rule. Above ground spawns will not be changing in the forseeable future.

That was covered in the Ianstorm chat as well. Those empty spots that certainly look as tho they can support a house, well, they can. They didnt open all the available slots to avoid server issues with too many houses being placed at once at launch.

Players can make magic bows with AoS .. bah, they lied.

40,000 new housing spots with AoS .. bah, 1/3 that isnt even being used yet.

They say the spots will be opened up once the AoS issues are resolved, well, at leaset some of them .. All depends on server load :(

If they open the housing space up or not they should still put some decent spawn in. In my opinion they need to make the spawn like it was several years ago and you had to fight to get in your door. It was always such a rush to recall to my house on Fire Isle and have a dragon or Daemon on my doorstep.

If you head NE of the city of Umbra into the Corrupted Forest you will find Reapers, Gargoyles, Trolls, Corpsers, Air Elementals and the occasional Ettin.

In the middle of the Corrupted Forest you will find two Nightmares. Fun to hunt, fun to tame. Depends on your goal. Although I am not a tamer, those I have spoken with say that the Nightmares in Malas are easier to tame because of the lack of an "Elemental Arena." And that the "Pure" nightmares spawn just as frequently in Malas as they do in Ilshenar.