Flag for PoI Factory

Soltek

We tried getting flaged tonight and failed but i learned alot. Heres some post a found that will help us next time.

Ok I've tried this three times now. First time the gnome started backwards pathing and then depopped right when we were near the dragon, which people said was exactly an hour from when we had started. The second time the gnome started to backwards path and ending up getting killed. The third time we managed to get the gnome to the dragon but everyone was worried about this so called time limit and that we had 7 minutes left or something(stalled back cause of a little backwards pathing and gnome aggrod a whole group and people were afraid to memblur) so the raid leader, who I don't really think knew what he was doing basically just had us rush which basically wiped us easily cause no one was ready. Is there really a time limit on how long the gnome can be up for? I thought maybe it would be an hour but the timer would end when he actually tinkers the dragon.

Not sure on any time limit. Our guild has spanked him quite a few times now, and never had him despawn on us... one thing to note though.

Memblur is safe when you are on the way to the dragon. We have a chanter and a group or two just in charge of the gnome, while the rest push forward killing whatever's around. Mez him, punch him to wake him up when you want to move, memblur.

However... once he triggers the dragon do NOT memblur or mez him. You will still get loot, etc, but you cannot get flagged for the PoI factory.

Xanamech finally went down to us last night. 3rd time, first 2 attempts were wipes. We had 42 people in the raid, average level 60.

There were several key things required to get this done.

1) Keep the gnome on track to get him to the garage. Sometimes you have to root him and mem blur to get him to stop attacking every single wandering robot in the zone. Stay out of his path, or sometimes the diversions he takes to go around obstacles are roundabout and undesirable.

2) Kill the adds in the garage before awakening the dragon. Then awaken Xanamech before the adds repop, which happened in about 10 minutes I would estimate.

3) Keep the MA alive. Sounds obvious, but since Xanamech has AoE stun, you may just find yourself with nobody capable of casting CH on your MA before he dies. I recommend stationing a Paladin directly behind MA to LoH 3 seconds after the battle starts.

4) Slow him. A 62 shaman was able to land slow in about 10 seconds. Your mileage may vary, good luck, because success/failure depends on this.

5) Keep the gnome alive. The gnome is pretty tough... he can take lots of shots from the dragon, but if you don't take precautions, he will die, and you will end up flagless. Our strategy was to keep the dragon pointed away from him, to stop the gnome from riposting himself to death. Another strategy is to sacrifice a druid, who keeps him rooted during the entire battle. Druid will have to die from the aggro, because you CAN NOT MEM BLUR GNOME DURING DRAGON FIGHT OR YOU WILL NOT GET FLAGGED, but a quick rez can fix this.

6) Bring several epic clerics. You will have 12 minutes after the battle to get everyone rezzed so that they can get their flags. Might be tough to do without manaless rezzing.

Good luck. He dropped the Cord Hilted Spike Driver and the Woven Shim Shoker for us. Good loot day for warriors and other melee, bad loot day for casters.

After you kill this guy, you have to hail the gnome to get a flag to enter the factory. My guild killed him about an hour ago, and we all got flags to enter the factory. now we're working on the next part to spawn the boss.

The gnome aggros on wolf form, and possibly some other illusions. I would recommend telling your raid not to illusion.

Archived