Nurlaten's porting rules

Nurlaten

With the guild's new expecatations of each other layed out my Rumblebore, i decided to state my personal opinions on requesting of ports for myself, and i imagine many other druids feel the same way.

As a druid i expect to get tells for ports, i have the option of going anon or getting tells for ports, PL's and everything else. Someone once informed everyone that high level druids have nothing to do and are playing the game to service them.

Since before i could port i've received tells from random people asking for a port to here and there. Many get rude and nasty when i refuse to port them, saying it's my class's job to port them around. /ignore frequently has solved this problem.

With the addition of pop stones to many zones the necessity of a druids ports have decreased. There are few locations that a druid can get you to faster than a pop book now, CS and WL are the notable exceptions. With that in mind, the requests for ports are a trickle compared to the amount they were just 3 months ago.

Here are my personal porting rules:

1. Ask for the port first in guild chat, if i'm available, i'll send you a tell or ask you right back in guild chat.

2. If i don't reply, i'm probably busy, but a quick tell is alright, please don't ask me more than once. There is nothing that upsets me more, than having to say no more than once.

3. Be at the pick-up location before me. I'm using my play time, so you can get more accomplished in yours. Please don't make me sit and wait for you. If it's gonna take you 10 mins in the bazaar beore you need the port, don't ask for it til you are ready. If i offer to pick someone up, i'm memming the spell and porting there, unless i tell you otherwise, i don't wanna sit and do nothing at a druid ring, that's not very enjoyable.

4. I don't ever charge anything for a guildee port, i've cancelled offers in the past and i'll do it again. Don't worry about paying me.

5. There is a chat channel /taxi. If you need a port and can't get one in guild or by ooc-ing in the zone, join the channel. Be forewarned the people in this channel are there to make pp.

I personally don't see a problem with the way that people are asking for ports in this guild. Everyone is generally nice about it and i haven't had a problem yet, and i hope not to have any.

Archived