And So It Begins

Elathiel

The very freshly appointed Senator of Espionage, Elathiel TH, was at a secret location getting things organized.

"Much work to be done to get the new recruits of Espionage House prepared for what lies ahead", he thought.

Suddenly, he heard a fierce flapping from behind him and a carrier pigeon spun through the window, dropping a note on the table next to him. Not just a note, but a rolled note tied shut with a golden thread. This was urgent. Putting down the trapped crate he was working on he snatched up the note and loosened the knot. However, as quickly as the knot in the thread fell loose, a knot in his stomach grew hard. The note had but one line on it ....

A Drow, come to the Port Authority ................... Triston

"Drow? Here? Why? WHy now?", his head spinning with questions as he burst out the door.

He rode as hard as his faithful horse could tolerate and arrived at the Port Authority in several minutes time.

Triston met him at the door, "Thank you for coming Senator!"

Elathiel shot back, "Of course brother. Few words would have forced me here so quickly. What is this of a Drow?"

Triston sighed, "I encountered this creature earlier and he attacked me for no true reason. It was a battle, a fierce battle, but I was able to subdue him in time. "

"Were you injured brother?"

"Aye, but I have already tended to my wounds."

"What is a Drow doing anywhere near here? I cant remember one coming so far south."

"No, they usually do not. This troubles me as I can tell by your expression it does you. However, there is something far more troubling than the fact that he was near, or that he even attacked me. Its ... its just the magic he used Seantor. It was a magic I have never seen the likes of and used power words in an eerily strange language. I am still working on figuring that part of it out and that is why I have him in custody. He is learning our language rather quickly and I think this could lead to the information we need."

"You are teaching a Drow the language of man!?!"

"Aye, Senator, I feel speed is a necessity in this case and he is learning our tongue much faster than I think I could learn his. Strange thing, though, Senator, he does not seem to be hostile. Not hostile at all actually. He almost seems willing and pleased to be learning our language so that he may talk to me. His eyes are saying what his mouth will not allow him to. He has a message, Senator, and we HAVE to know what that message is!"

"What about asking Maskan to see if he can help translate the Drow's speach?"

"My first thought as well, but he wanted no part of talking to him. I was going to ask why, as I know he would do anything to help the Empire, but he left nervously before I could."

"I dont know about trusting a Drow though brother."

"Never said I trusted this creature Senator, but we must get to the bottom of this peculiar happening."

"I agree fully Triston. But a Drow, on Empire soil. This does not sit well with me. Not even in the slightest."

"Nor me, but I have taken several precautions."

"Watch your back Triston!"

"Aye, G-B will be here crafting wares for the Empire as I work as well, so I will be fine."

"Ok then. Seems I have some investigating to do, so I will be off. Let me know right away if you break through the language barrier."

"Aye, I will let you know immediately Senator."

"Be well and be safe Triston !"

"Aye, you as well Senator!"

As Senator Elathiel TH sped off to the north, Triston wondered who would be watching his back.