RPing, Pride, Humility, and Honor

Maskan Quarlani

I have been role playing for a long time now.  The majority of that rping has taken place in one single area.. Ultima.

I have experienced countless rping and non-rping guilds while I have played here.

I have seen the best, the worst, and the strangest of role players.  I have seen the best, the worst, and the very worst of pk-non-rping perps.

Unfortunatley as of late I have notcied that some of the second group have started to leak into the first as of late.  Not only in PGoH (though it has happened) but into guilds all over the place.

Why?  You may ask... well here is why.  Over time many people have gotten tired of their old way fo play, whatever that may have been.  Many have found the one last arena they have yet to try their hand at, and that is RPing.  Some turn out ok, others bring their old bad habits with them.

We have all witnessed this in the past few weeks.

NOW.  Some things to remember.  PGoH, is a ROLE PLAYING GUILD.  Yes it is very true we seem to be much more lenient on who we take in as new membership, this is good and bad.  BUT despite that we MUST continue to roleplay our mission and our way of life.  We stand for Honor, who here actually know what that bloody well means?  Ok, yes, this is just a game, but the concept of HOnor is not just a fantasy concept.  It effects us all in and out of game every day.  WE MUST strive to be honorable and strong, in and out of game.  Despite what many think the two realsm do effect each other.

How you act in life pours into how you act in game.  Now, on that issue.  We must all remember and learn that things that happen OOC, your Character DOES NOT KNOW!  Unless he directly experienced them as that character he has no freaking clue.

If someone PK's one character of yours, geuss what... the other doesnt know!  It wasn't him!

If one character is told the meaning of life, and given ultimate knowledge, THE OTHER DOESNT KNOW!

If God comes down frmo heaven and reveals to me all the secrets of the bloody universe, my friends dont know unless they are told too!!!

This is common sense stuff, work with it!

--

*sigh*

I took a happy visit to Felluca the other day, to visit with some older RPing guilds that I have known for awhile.  Mainly CA and the Undead, and the Orcs.  Great folks, and generally great rpers.  Unfortunatley alot of the good old guys have faded away.  However, I ran into a very good old friend who has been in this game about aslong as Borg.  Now, in the old days.. I knew his opinion of PGoH, and it was a good one.  Despite the fact that he rp's an evil character :smash:

Now, I asked him again.. and sadly he felt they had turned into a very perpish guild.

Sad eh?

SUre some of you are saying, "Who cares what other people think?"

Well, I do!  IN role playing it is essential that other people take you seriously especially those who would normally be interacting with you.

If they dont respect you, they dont play with you!

--

Now, there are plenty of solutions to these problems.  Such as cutting out the cancer and moving on.  We can teach the people who are a problem how to improve, which could maybe work.  Or we can ignore the problem and let it grow.--

Main thing, WE RP in PGoH.  DO NOT talk OOC unless in ICQ or Chat.  Yes I know I have been guilty of it from time to time but now is the time to stop.  All of this stuff is farly common sense.

All role playing is, is acting out a unique character of your own.  DOnt need thee's and thou's or any fantasy language, just ACT have fun, be your character in game!  Create a peronsality for him or her and stick with it!

--

Remember that in PGoH, we are a family!!  I can not stress how very very important that is. We stick together... if we have a problem with another member of the family, we dont just go off on them, and whine about it.  Calmly ask them what is going on, and to explain themselves, or find a peaceful way to work it out.  Whining about it, or running to leadership ro someone else saying, he or she did this, and I want this to happen, or I'm gonna do this, is CHILDISH!!!  STOP IT!

Deal with your problems, and move on!  We dont have time to play our game and enjoy this, and also deal with whining and complaining.

PGoH has been around for a very long time and will continue to be.  BUT!  We must help it to do so.

- Exercise control people, ok?  Work together not against each other.

hen you hurt one other member of this guild you hurt as all, and that can NOT BE TOLERATED!

I dont care who lied to who or who did what, DEAL WITH it, and move on.  You should be grown up enough, and car enough about the guild to do so.  We all put alot fo time and effort into this guild, so take care of it.

--

That is all I have to say for now, but I hope it atleast helps someone to wake up and see things as they are.  Thank you.

Strider/Maskan

I would just like ot add that last nights events were dealt with with Excellence, Ser Brightblade really did get it across, i am fortunate i was there to witness it, Oh and to Canaloth or CTMTC (can the man that can) Well done on your promotion!, now you really can Toast any that threaten your brothers and sisters!! :smash:  :(  :D  :sword:  :D