A proposal for revision

Triston

Ok this is going to be a rather long post that pertains to drastic revisions to the way the army operates.  THIS IS ONLY AN IDEA.  Any and all input is appreciated, anything from "Triston, what in the heck where you thinking when you wrote this?" to "Wow, to hear you speak is inspiration!"  So, without further adieu, here we go!

The majority of this post will pertain to the Cohort system.  For countless years this system has aided our empire in combating the forces of darkness, unfortunately in recent times it has proven itself more of a burden then blessing.  Very few Cohorts are actively full, and never have I seen a whole cohort present at one point in time.  The reasoning behind this is simple and two fold.  1) People have many alternate characters, and will desire to play them at different times.  2) As more and more temples become popular (and Age of Shadows will only make this worse) it is becoming harder and harder to specifically places any person in any one cohort.  Many warriors now use magic, and if they do not the surely have more then one fighting skill.  There is one more reason that this system is ineffective which I will touch now.  No one cohort is effective in any situation, making it necessary to have more then one cohort present at most times.  With all of these problems plaguing our current system what is a possible solution?

New Cohorts should be drawn up to create an efficient balance of templates.  People in these cohorts should be accustom to working together and their skills should be complimentary.  A normal cohort should consist of the following:  Two fighters, a Tamer, and a Mage.  With this design warriors will still be able to cross heal (without the burden of watching 5 health bars), mages will be able to utilize there firepower without having to be wary of taking damage themselves, and Tamers will be able to provide extra firepower and emergency heals.  This format is of course subject to change, but in looking at the current numbers of PGoH it is only logical to say that this would allow most players an efficient cohort to be a part of.  All of this is of course subject to change, and open for debate, but if all goes well it could prove to be an efficient system.

I at least would like to see something like this actually. Armies usually consist of smaller divisions made up of various units to make tham a complete fighting team within the actual army. I think doing something like this can only make us that much more organized and stronger when it counts the most.

Ideas for the revising of the military cohort have been under review by the Empoerer and he has forwarded his declaration on this issue along with alterations to our current SOW Rand.

I am sure over the next week these revisions will be implemented and under review.

I agree for the most part but each Cohort should be all the same general types of characters. Of course I also think that if the warriors are on and a mage or two can come, that would be great. or if many mages are on, multiple warriors could come. Basically I think its good to have the cohort system, but it is important to realize just because you are in one cohort doesnt mean another cant call on you if they so desire. of course RL activities come first to this, but if possible I would enjoy having a diverse hunting group each time. We should also figure out a way that hunts arent boring for tamers, as they can take most things by themselves with pets, but at the same time so they arent ridiculously frustrating for warriors. Any ideas on how to do so?

I like this concept of a mixed unit since it would allow all the different classes to be covered by the strengths of other classes.  But I also agree with Kodoz on tamers, as they rarely require any help.   But keep in mind, if any of the future changes mirrior what has been happening so far with LBR, tamers and bards may also need extra help.  I know those Exodus overseer lords can do a number on pets..  as well as can golems and juka lords.  I mean it is still possible to do it, but it can be exceedingly tiresome to try to do it.  hehe   And we are still only half way through the scienario I think..