The Meeting...

Triston

The room was lit only with a few tall candles, breezing from the drafts that haunted the massive castle.  Within it's center was a massive table with little more then sparse morsals upon it, and a large plate helm forged of the blackest ore.  Of the eight chairs, only four where occupied, and of the four people only one stood visable.  Prince Triston Lioness, Fallen Lancer Knight, sat before the helmet assessing the others.  They each sat in there respective chair quietly, mere shadows in a room with too many to count.  He adressed each of them individually, making sure that there role was perfectly clear.

"Dark One, have you casted the proper spells to prevent scrying?"  Triston asked the first person, with a voice as level as a mountian stream.

"Aye my Lord, but I fear that they might not be strong enough to prevent the powerful majiks of the Anchients.  For now, until I know there full potential, we must be secretive even in secret, as it is better to err on the side of caution..."

"Understood.  Then all of you will remain in masks and in the shadows, hiding your voice whenever possable.  We will use no names, and only I will be fully known."  With that Triston Paused, thinking at great length on his next words.

"I made a vow, one which I plan to keep in full.  Two lives where given to protect mine,  and it is with great need that I keep my vow to them, though it burdens my heart greatly to do so.  Today Razak and Myself made an attempt to take Olympus by force,  and although we where marginally sucessful, we where eventually ousted, and defeated.  This simply proves that while our skill is great, there numbers are too many, and we will need a different tactic if we are to suceed.  From here in all attacks on Olympus will be cosmetic, simply to keep them under the impression that we are without plan.  We will begin using our agents within the empire and the Brigantes to keep them at each others throuts, to turn this into a war of attrition that we do not partake in.  Once both factions are vulnerable we will strike,  taking them from there once great numbers to ashes on the wind.  Is all this understood?"

All heads noded slowly, but not one spoke.

"Excellent.  You know what your duties are, you know how to do the.  Leave here only by magical means, they cannot know our location.  We will be launching a small attack late tonight to ensure there confusion, but will otherwise be inactive.  Remember, Chaos is our tool, deception is our tool, but foolishness, that is for the weak and the dead.  Go my captians, make the vision of my Father a reality!"

With that, they all stood up and began casting spells of teleportation, taking them all to different locations.  Soon only Triston and one other remained, a female figure hidden in the shadows.  She spoke softly, keeping her voice well disguised, but clear in timber.

"You know my reasons for being here Triston," she said, "but let me make one thing clear.  The main reason I am here is because I am loyal to you, as I always have been and always will be.  Do not forget that in the weeks to come."

With that she was gone, wispering away in a glitter of magic.  Triston stood alone, as always, looking out the window to the sea.  His heart was heavy with the sins of the previous day, and the knowlage that yet more blood of brothers would soon cover his hands.

"Remember dark angel, that one day the blood we spill may be each others..."

With that he too was gone, sliding into that shadows that had been his home for so many years before this, before honor had shown him the light.