Lets decide on what we want to do in SWG

Balandar

The release looks to be around end of Dec to end of Feb, at least that is the rumor.

I believe Martok (?) is leading our Star Wars Galaxies invasion. I also believe that we will be on the Dark Side (Woohoo! Dark Jedi!!).

My question is: Where will we start out at? Which planet?

2.34 Where will my character start?

Our list of starting locations may grow over the life of the product. For initial release, your character will begin their online journey at any one of the following locations:

Bestine, Tatooine

Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Mos Espa, Tatooine

Coronet, Corellia

Tyrena, Corellia

Theed, Naboo

Moenia, Naboo

Sorry it took me so long to make an appearance on the boards!  I have moved (somewhat) back to Columbus Ohio.  Still living with a friend until I get some bills caught up and get into an apartment.  I am at Baltazar's house now using his internet access since the place I am staying at is too darn far out of civillization for anything but dialup.

Yep, It does look like a Feb release.  I am thinking Tatoonie for our start.  Mos Eisley or even Mos Espa would be a good place for scum like us!!!

What say you all?

Tatoonie sounds good to me. It is neutral to both the rebel and empire, except the huts (sp?) are there. We will need to play hardy people though, not an easy planet to live on. Maybe the expansion will allow for us to do some pod racing in the future.

Heh, smuggler is perfect. We will be on the empire's side I believe. In order to become a Dark Jedi though you need to first be force sensitive (good luck). Then you need to become a Jedi and then fall to become a dark jedi. I will most likely play some kind of martial arts type of person.

I think you can play anything you want and join any side. Also, there are no restrictions in what species you play to become a Jedi.. Read the FAQ on the Star Wars Galaxies website. A lot is there.

Nope. They are making it so spawns do not keep on spawning in the same spot after you kill them. You may kill everything there and something new will spawn or it might not even spawn there anymore. It may spawn someplace else. So you will be moving more often. Also, it is not level based but skill based and no 'zones'. So it will not be an EQ clone.. hopefully the service will not be an EQ clone as well.

So what's the word on combat?  Does it smoothly integrate blasters into the system?  Can I be a red shirt...er....Storm trooper with a blaster rifle?  CAN WE GO EWOK BASHING??:smash: PLEASE!!!!  PRETTY PLEASE??!!.........I need new fuzzy slippers.  

--Hothgorn TheBlack

Does anyone read these things?

You can customize the color of your blaster beam. And from the screenshots you can actually see if being fired.  Not sure about the Ewok hunting or being able to play a storm trooper.

• 2 weeks later...

You can not be a storm trooper. (that is in the fact)

Yes, there is an Ewok hunting ground on the forest moon of endor.  (there was a screen shot of someone sniping ewoks a while back)

:laugh:

Archived