Alpha Requirements Released

Balandar

As we prepare for the beginning of EQN Landmark Alpha, we would like to share the initial system requirements. Please note that these are our initial pre-Alpha requirements. We will be performing optimizations throughout our testing period and hope to lower these requirements over time.

Minimum System Requirements: (updated 1/29)

OS – Windows 7 64 bit

Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X4 or higher

Memory – 4GB RAM

Had Drive – 20GB Free

Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM

Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher

Sound Card – DirectX compatible

Internet – Broadband (3Mbit/sec or higher)

Recommended System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit

Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher

Memory – 8GB RAM

Had Drive – 20GB Free

Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher

Internet – Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)

Please be aware that throughout Alpha, we will continue to make adjustments and optimize system performance. As such, throughout Alpha (and Beta), these system requirements are subject to change.

Note: If you have purchased a Founder’s Pack and feel that your computer will be unable to run the game, you may contact our customer service department and we will issue you a full refund for your purchase. Click here for more info.

Source: https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php?threads/eqn-landmark-alpha-system-requirements.2160/

Edited by Balandar

As we prepare for the beginning of EQN Landmark Alpha, we would like to share the initial system requirements. Please note that these are our initial pre-Alpha requirements. We will be performing optimizations throughout our testing period and hope to lower these requirements over time.

Minimum System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit

Processor – Intel i5 Dual Core or higher / AMD Phenom X3 or higher

Memory – 4GB RAM

Had Drive – 20GB Free

Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher

Recommended System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit

Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher

Memory – 8GB RAM

Had Drive – 20GB Free

Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher

Of the above minimum requirements, my hardware can be seen at this link to TigerDirect: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=851769&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBLET03ORDER

And the only differences that my computer does not match or exceed are these:

Mine: Processor Class Athlon II X3, Number 450, 3,20 GHz, Socket AM3

Theirs: Processor – Intel i5 Dual Core or higher / AMD Phenom X3 or higher

Mine: Video Card Nvidia GeForce GT 520, Video Memory 1GB

Theirs: Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher

My power supply is rated 350 Watt.

Could someone more expert than I who understands the differences better advise me if you think I stand a chance of running Alpha on my machine or if my circumstances require upgrades or new computer>

Thanks for any input.

Your video card is going to struggle if it runs it at all...

It's ranked 400 on this site. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

The GTX 275 is ranked 135.

Your processor is a triple-core CPU and should be okay I'd think.

According to that link you have a 64bit OS and 8GB ram. So all you need is a better video card. You can wait and see how your system does first. Even if it's 20fps you should be fine as there is no combat yet.

Looks like your card is a PCI Express 2.0 x16.

This ranks in at 53 on that list and is $100. Oops, that's PCI Express 3.0. What motherboard is in your system?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500319&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-Video%20Card%20-%20Nvidia-_-ZOTAC-_-14500319&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=3962334&SID=

Main Circuit Board

Board: FOXCONN A76ML-K 30 1.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080014 04/02/2011

Processor

3.30 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X3 455
384 kilobyte primary memory cache
1536 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (3 total)
Not hyper-threaded

Edited by Rumblebore

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000506

From what I understand, PCI 3 is fully backward compatible with 2.0. I'm pretty sure 3.0 just doubles the bandwidth of 2.0. So a PCI 3.0 x13 card will work in your system. No 3.0 card (at least in your price range) is going to use the full amount of bandwidth of a 3.0 slot.

Your current card:

Thermal and Power Specs
Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 102
Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) 29 W
Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 300 W

The one I listed above wouldn't work: GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16

Thermal and Power Specs:
105 CMaximum GPU Temperature (in C)
110 WMaximum Graphics Card Power (W)
400 WMinimum System Power Requirement (W)4
One 6-pin

Another option (ranked 99 on the list): Radeon HD 7750

Uses 55W (actually looks like 86 to 90 watts). Your 350W P/S would be fine for that card (if you can find one).

I would take a look down the http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php list and find cards around the $99 mark. Do a quick search on "CARD NAME watts" and see what pops up. I you search on the 7750 above you'll see people running it on a 300w system (as long as you don't have a ton of fans/etc).

The Radeon HD 7770 ranks 74. That may or may not work on your system. It uses more watts and would be cutting it really close.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7770-7750-benchmark,3135-14.html

You could always get a new P/S and buy a more expensive graphics card. The GTX cards seem to do better than Radeons (I have two RADEON HD6850 which rank 71 in my desktop and my laptop is faster with it's GTX 680M which ranks 38).

Print out that list or copy it to your phone and head to Best Buy or Frys. Find something in your price range and buy it (under the 100 score mark). Try it out, take it back and tell them it didn't work or something, buy it for cheaper on Newegg or someplace online.

Edit: Your CPU uses around 95 watt.

Edited by Balandar

I just purchased a new rig. Got myself a Lenovo y510p. 16gigs of ram and 2 GeForce 750m in SLI. It's a pretty badass laptop, and cheap for what you get. I needed an upgrade anyhow. I can't play anything new that's been coming out. Bought Assassins Creed 4 a ways back and my nvidia drivers just came right out and told me "Nope, not a chance, good luck with that one buddy".

So I think it was a good purchase overall.

• Like 1

I just purchased a new rig. Got myself a Lenovo y510p. 16gigs of ram and 2 GeForce 750m in SLI. It's a pretty badass laptop, and cheap for what you get. I needed an upgrade anyhow. I can't play anything new that's been coming out. Bought Assassins Creed 4 a ways back and my nvidia drivers just came right out and told me "Nope, not a chance, good luck with that one buddy".

So I think it was a good purchase overall.

Nice! Hopefully we'll see Alpha soon. Not many days left now.

Update:

Hey folks,

I want to explain the bit about the system requirement for Internet (Broadband - 10Mbit/sec or higher).

Due to the procedural nature of our world, this game will actually have a smaller patch size than what is typical of an MMO. However, the dynamic nature of the world will require more updated data to be sent while a player is in the game. We are still currently optimizing many aspects of the game, so the exact amount of required bandwidth is still to be determined. But higher is definitely better for the player experience during Alpha.

Thanks,
Dexella