Magic Find Armor Set

Balandar

Has anyone done research into this? What runes and items should be purchased/obtained? It seems the best way to get resources and cash is to have a high magic find suit. And from what Martok posted on legendaries, in order to get Globs of Ectoplasm, you need to salvage rare/exotic 68+ items.

Broke again, but here is what I did for my luck armor set.

• From the trading post I bought all armor that had "Explorer's" or "Traveler's" in the prefix. That gives +3% magic find each.
  • Bought 5x Superior Runes of the Pirate (Gives +10, +15, +25). Cheapest of the superior runes for magic find. Also a Major that gives +7%.
  • Bought Opal amulet, earrings, and rings of the "Explorer" which each give +3% and the "Exploerer" part gives another +3%, 6% for each item.
  • Put in a nuggest that gives 1% magic find in the guild back pack as I couldn't find any Explorer back pieces.
  • Bought major sigil's of luck that give +0.4% up to 25 stacks for my "Explorer" +3% weapons.

So, without the stacks from weapons I have 91% magic find. My Peach Tart's give 26% magic find.

• 117% magic find with peach tarts.

With weapon kill bonuses (up to 25 stacks is another 10%)

• 127% magic find (130% max if I use two weapons rather than just the staff on my necro).

I'll see how this does when I run around in Orr and the high level zones.

Before, I only had the 26% from the peach tarts. About 5x more now.

Broke again, but here is what I did for my luck armor set.

• From the trading post I bought all armor that had "Explorer's" or "Traveler's" in the prefix. That gives +3% magic find each.
  • Bought 5x Superior Runes of the Pirate (Gives +10, +15, +25). Cheapest of the superior runes for magic find. Also a Major that gives +7%.
  • Bought Opal amulet, earrings, and rings of the "Explorer" which each give +3% and the "Exploerer" part gives another +3%, 6% for each item.
  • Put in a nuggest that gives 1% magic find in the guild back pack as I couldn't find any Explorer back pieces.
  • Bought major sigil's of luck that give +0.4% up to 25 stacks for my "Explorer" +3% weapons.

So, without the stacks from weapons I have 91% magic find. My Peach Tart's give 26% magic find.

• 117% magic find with peach tarts.

With weapon kill bonuses (up to 25 stacks is another 10%)

• 127% magic find (130% max if I use two weapons rather than just the staff on my necro).

I'll see how this does when I run around in Orr and the high level zones.

Before, I only had the 26% from the peach tarts. About 5x more now.

Unless that shiat magically helps you get into the WvW queue sooner, I think its a waste.

A coworker of mine said he crafted a level 80 epic staff of magic find and was loving the drop rates he got on it...

I can craft the level 80 orichalcum weapons if you ask nicely and supply the materials. Karma is on the house.

Made over a gold tonight in about an hour.

No difference from what I was making with no magic find gear. And unless you explode into purple butterflies when you fight, you're doing it wrong.

A coworker of mine said he crafted a level 80 epic staff of magic find and was loving the drop rates he got on it...

I can craft the level 80 orichalcum weapons if you ask nicely and supply the materials. Karma is on the house.

I'll have to google the orichalcum weapons, or link them to me in game sometime. The MF suit is nice. I ended up with 5 yellows and a unique last night, all the blues I sell and the greens I mystic forge, salvage, sell, or use as needed. I rarely got yellows from mob drops before, never uniques.

Archived