Age of Wonders 2 Buggiest game ever

Martok

For some strange reason I went out today and bought Age of Wonders 2.  Little did I know it i such a poorly developed game I can't even get it to launch.  I go to the support site, and it is basically for idiots.  Yes I meet all the system requirements!

I call tech support, and wait for over a half an hour.  The recording keeps saying that they are experiencing heavy call volumes due to the "popularity" of its Grand theft auto game.  Popularity?  What does that have to do with support?  You mean the #### game doesn't work?

After talking to a Level one support person who keeps asking me if I meet the minimun system qualifications, I ask to talk to someone that knows how to help me more then asking me if my computer is more than a 486 processor.  Of course, they are not in.

Give me a break.  I only want to play the #### game!  So now I wait for Level 2 support to send me an email to most likely ask me if my minimun system requirements meet the specs.  GAH

Ok, people from support think its because I have an old driver still in my system registry.  Of course they won't tell me how to get rid of it!!!  Any help here??  I have an old video card and sound card driver I have to get rid of.....

Finally got it working.  I had to download a patch for some reason.  Now the game works fine.  Yes you dumb ass at computer support, I DID have the minimum system requirements.  jeesh

The problem is that you have nimrods sitting behind PC's offering support for something they have no clue about.  Most support centers level 1 support is driven by written documents or online support data bases with "generic" problems and questions that a customer may call with.  Call centers often get it so ingrained that these are holy writ that the people reading such documents forget that these are only intended as guides and that they must still listen to the customers problem (not just hear what they want to hear) and that they must think outside the written solution in order to determine the cause behind a problem sometimes.  Basically level 1 support is a bunch of trained monkies, made that way by the procedures they are given to follow, the limited qualifications these people have, and lastly thier inability to use that wonderful thing God gave us all....the brain.