PTR hunter pet change

Skywatcher

Sometimes, one's reaction changes as one goes through a list:

1. Bloodthirsty no longer generates Happiness. --What?
  2. Carrion Feeder no longer restores Happiness. --What what???
  3. The Feed Pet ability now instantly heals 50% of the pet's health. Cannot be used in combat. Requires diet-appropriate food. --Okay, but no happiness gain????
  4. Guard Dog no longer causes Growl to generate additional Happiness. --What what what???
  5. The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets. --Oh. I get it now. YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

And on top of that: Glyph of Mend Pet is now Glyph of Greater Proportion, which increases the size of the pet slightly. And you melee types thought Grumpy was big and in the way now...

3. The Feed Pet ability now instantly heals 50% of the pet's health. Cannot be used in combat. Requires diet-appropriate food. --Okay, but no happiness gain????
  4. Guard Dog no longer causes Growl to generate additional Happiness. --What what what???
  5. The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets. --Oh. I get it now. YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

And on top of that: Glyph of Mend Pet is now Glyph of Greater Proportion, which increases the size of the pet slightly. And you melee types thought Grumpy was big and in the way now...

I'm somewhat happy, yet sad at this potential change, just like the removal of having to level your pets. It makes it easier to get/drop pets, and that's also the bad thing. Oh well, time to figure out which pet has the largest model, and use that outside of raids, Rwar! And that also means that hunters only have one meaningful minor glyph, feign dead, considering all the rest are pretty much worthless. Go Go Big pet filler glyph!

Hrm, I wonder if this means that a spore bat can pwn better now.

Edited by Kailand

I'm somewhat happy, yet sad at this potential change, just like the removal of having to level your pets. It makes it easier to get/drop pets, and that's also the bad thing. Oh well, time to figure out which pet has the largest model, and use that outside of raids, Rwar! And that also means that hunters only have one meaningful minor glyph, feign dead, considering all the rest are pretty much worthless. Go Go Big pet filler glyph!

Hrm, I wonder if this means that a spore bat can pwn better now.

I really didn't mind leveling pets with the recent changes that put 'em within 3 levels. It didn't take long and was a good excuse to do Tol Barad dailies.

It'll be nice not having to worry about pet happiness, but then it's not something we've had to worry about for a long time. Heck, the talents meant that the only time any of my pets weren't fully happy was after they'd died and been rez'd a few times in a short period. I do like the food heal, so I'll still be devoting a couple bag slots to pet food.

As far as minor glyphs, don't let Blizz know we still have a useful one. If they realize that, they might change the FD one to a glyph that makes your pet pink or puts a cute bow around its neck.

Hmm. Grumpy wearing a bow tie and top hat...I could handle that.

... a glyph that makes your pet pink or puts a cute bow around its neck.

Now you are talking! they add that as a minor glyph... although an aura would be nice too.