War

There would be no sleep this night for the weary Senator, for he had been forced from the warmth of his bed by regret of recent happenings. Why has all this happened now? This was supposed to be a time of joy, of budding and blossoming; not of death and betrayal.

Finding a place for yet another empty bottle of whiskey, he cleared a place to write. “Re-reading the Codex, I took note of something very odd. The undead are considered enemies to the Empire, as they have received a threat level of ten. I now realize why this measure has been taken, as I myself know the cunning and dangers of their kind. Interesting enough, the Codex states nothing of the Lycan race, this struck me as strange. Outside of Nick, I’ve yet to be faced by a Lycan who was not under undead command. Just last night, Scarst and myself were confronted by at least one Lycan (I suspect the other wolf was one as well) in the heart of Olympus of all places. This is a war, ladies and gents. A war. I will no longer let stay the sword of the Legion, or endanger those whom we have sworn to protect. From this moment hence forth, any known Lycan, or undead found on our land are to be warned, and put down. Too long have I avoided this order. After, if possible, they are to be brought to the jails. Not as a fugitive, or law breaker, but as a prisoner of this war. I am to be notified, not the Prefect. To Glory, Honor, and Empire! Fulfill the oaths you have taken, and earn your place in the songs of history.”

He signed the letter with his name, and marked It with the seal of the Legion, before leaving the quill in the ink. Only then did he let himself think, to hope of a better life. He set his head on the table to find himself lost in dreams of coming battles.

The pigeon flit over the dark forest. It was getting dark and he passed a long way from North of Trinsic, crossing Britain city and Serpent Spine mountains, and now flying over the Forest of Samlethe, watching with his small and black eyes any potential threat. Fortunately, between the last of the trees his target appeared, a dark and massive structure dominating the forest. Happy, he drove himself to the discrete light that was coming from a wing of the ancient keep, knowing that the old watchmen like always, will give him food and will take care of him.

He was safe.

Prescot knocked at his master's door, then without waiting any answer enters the room. Tyr rise his eyes from the book he was reading and putting away a lock of his blue hair, watch him inquiring.

"A pigeon just arrived with a message from the Empire, Tyr.

This familiarity was nothing unusual at Samlethe's Keep, Tyr considering the old watchmen, friend and advisor, and the other employees of the keep could self-praise with a lot of liberty of movement, witch sometimes encourages even neglecting and insubordination. The current owner of the keep granted too little importance at those things, preferring the company of books or his often traveling, instead of the efficient ruling of the domain.

"Oh, let me see it" He took the note and read it hastily.

"Senator Eban!" he said with loud voice reading the signature while on his face appeared a faint grin.

Tyr was one of the few knights which reside outside of the Empire borders, preferring the silence of the forest and isolation of the mountain, to the noisy populated areas. Of course, because of magic, the distance wasn't much of an issue, Tyr could arrive fast enough on the Empire territory if his duty would require it. And now it was required. As a PGoH knight his duty was to fight the enemies of the Empire and apply the laws written on the Codex, and as those laws matched very well his own beliefs and ideal to fight against evil, Tyr was very eager to pick up his sword for the Empire. Moreover, in his opinion, the evil should be cut from it's roots, that's why he strongly sustain in front of the Emperor and the Senate, his recommendations for more often and bigger military actions against the real champions of evil which coordinate from the shadows the forces which threatened to conquer the entire Sosaria.

"Lycans, lycans and necromancers threaten us everyday, Prescot. Finally is decided, the Empire will undertake a firm action against them!"

Tyr placed the book back on the shelve and made haste to the armory section of the old keep that he arranged as his residence. His sword needed a cleaning and his armor some repairs so he can leave his domain the second morning.

It was forecasted a fussy night at Samlethe's Keep.

Edited by Tyr Antilles