NYC Gathering June 6-8th

Martok

A big group of Ani Ayastigi and friends are getting together in NYC the first weekend of June. Anyone else from the Skullcrushers going to go??? Helgandora (old member of ours) will be attending. I will be there, as is Elrikk. Morgh might also be able to attend.

Here is a link to their post about it NYC ANI AYASTIGI GATHERING

k, folks, this will be where all the current information regarding the guild meet will be posted!

After speaking with several people, I have concluded that New Brunswick will offer us a better combination of price/accessibility/fun then Jersey City.

WHEN:

Friday, June 6 through Sunday, June 8

WHERE:

The Heldrich, New Brunswick, NJ

There is a "bed and breakfast" package available, which coincidentally happens to be the same rate as the regular room rate ($139, double occupancy). The package includes two free breakfast buffets, per room, per day. To book, call (732) 729-4670 and ask for reservations. Ask for the Bed and Breakfast package to get the rate. I just got off the phone with Keshona (Key-Shahnah) and she advised that they have availability for several rooms at that rate. FYI, the breakfast buffet normally costs $15 a person, so you're getting $30 worth of food per day with this deal. I've had some fantastic dinners at Christopher's before (the restaurant in the Heldrich) and if that food is any indication then breakfast will be wonderful.

Since you can cancel the room up to 24 hrs prior to check in, I advise everyone that is *thinking* of coming to book a room. Even if you plan on sharing a room with someone eventually, at least one will be reserved for you in the event that doesn't work out.

WHAT:

The Ani tour NYC!

Friday night will be a casual night of dining/drinking/camaraderie in the area near the hotel, so as to accommodate people arriving at different times. New Brunswick is a college town, and there are quite literally dozens of different bars/restaurants/clubs within walking distance. We'll see where the night takes us... Cajun Blues and Zydeco? Brewpubs? Wine Bars? Martinis and cocktails? Loud dirty college beer pong tournaments? Awesomely bad drunk food?

All these things, and much, much more, are just a few blocks away.

Saturday:

Breakfast in the hotel

Train ride to Newark, NJ

Transfer to PATH for World Trade Center/Ground Zero

Tour Ground Zero

South to Battery Park

Ferry to Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty

Street food for Lunch

North to Central Park/Museum Mile, possibly an organized sightseeing bus tour

Empire State Building

Dinner in NYC - Marriott Times Square's revolving lounge!

Times Square at night!

We'll stay in NYC until people are too tired to continue, or, return to the hotel area for a more casual late night after the long day

Sunday:

Breakfast in the hotel, checkout, and leave

I guarantee that you will have a good time, or I will refund double your conference registration fees!

Attendance List:

Eigun (+1)

Karrock (+1)

Zaljin - Trimmers (+1)

Elrikk - Skullcrushers (+1)

Orcala

Holyssa

Lagduff

Kartaxe

Neela

Fiskar/Regian

Alh (at least for Friday night)

Uglutz (Skullcrushers)

Nazdregg (?)

Remmetta (+3? +4?)

Will try to make it.. gonna see how this whole house thing pans out.. an when we are moving.. etc.. should be around that date.. june second is what the lawyer was talkign about so we will see.. i would love to rock on in NY.. i havnt been there in a few years.. my cousin works there for the SUN.. kinda funny he sits at a computer all day an pretty much writes 200k checks for ' celebrity photos ' talk about a swank an easy job.. =)

btw.. it has come to my attention through my DVR that your name is taken from DS9.. an from a Klingon.. Since there is no Klingon's in warcraft.. or warcraft lore.. i am gonna have send a rename petition to the GMS as soon as I log in.. I dont want to do this, but I am a QQ whine girl skirt.. an cant help myself.. because someone has to be a judas.. an it should be me..