*Sealed Letter To Empress Charlie*

kodoz

*The Stamp of Lord Dupre in Wax seals this letter*

Dear Empress Charlie,

I do hope that my letter finds you in good health. It has been many years since I have been able to tear myself away from the Great Council and come to personally visit the Empire and Trinsic, but my heart always lies with the City of Honour, and those who protect her. I fear that my letter is not all happiness, however, as there are strange undercurrents here in the capital city, and amongst those who govern the lands.

Even though you were entitled as the defenders of Trinsic, many among the Council's newer, junior members see this as a fault, and we have had problems justifying the decision as much as we can, due to our Lord's absence. However, do not worry about such things; Lord Clainin, Lord Nystul, and several of my other, more venerable colleagues and I are still your staunch supporters, and until the day we are all removed your status as protectors shall remain unchanged.

Due to the disastrous situation a short time ago in Magincia, the Royal Guard has been given oversight and emergency powers over many areas, and they are utilizing these to their fullest, and going after those who seem to be a threat. I would be wary as to what steps you take in the near future, as they are somewhat overzealous, but keep in mind they are still the rightful law, and must be obeyed. However, do not let your honor become clouded.

The main purpose of my letter, however, was to warn...no perhaps that is not the best word, as there is no true danger. I am aware that some among your Guardians perhaps know "Z", or "L", or whatever the agent may be calling themselves. I am also aware and have been for many years of some of your more dramatic espionage agents actions, and have always secretly admired the freedom by which they are able to prosecute those who stray from the virtues. However, I have not let on to the Great Council, and certainly not the Guard. Regardless, I am sure they too know that your group has some connection with this fellow, and I would advise you to be careful, but also that you probably should turn this fellow over. I will personally see to it that they do not prosecute this fellow without just cause and due trial. The Empire has long stood by the Council's side, and so I wish to help repay some of that by my actions. It has been quite some time since I was able to stand in the streets and fight personally for the peoples rights; Too many politics, these days. I freely admit that I am somewhat jealous of your positions as defenders, and not politicians, but I notice I am rambling now.

In closing, I advise caution and awareness, but at the moment all is still well. If corruption springs up in the Guard, then it shall be dealt with. If your assistance is necessary, be sure that I will contact you.

Forever In The Service Of Brittania,

Lord Dupre of Trinsic

P.S. Give your children my best wishes, and be sure to raise them as you have so ably raised your Guardians.