Mage Epic

Eldoran Nobleheart

The Mage Epic Weapon Information known so far.

Any comments welcome to post:

Your quest begins in Lake Rathe. Seek ‘Rykas’ at approximately 1000, -700.

You say, 'hail Rykas'

Rykas says 'Greetings [Your Name] , I am Rykas, chronicler of knowledge. I have journeyed all throughout the lands of Norrath, and I have learned many tales of adventure from people I have encountered during my travels. I have learned of legends known and unknown to most mortals. Are you in search of knowledge?

You say, 'I am in search of knowledge'

Rykas says 'A small task is needed if you wish to learn more. Do you wish to learn the tale of Magi'kot?

You say, 'I wish to learn the tale of Magi'kot'

Rykas says 'If you seek to learn the tale of Trilith Magi'kot, your journey shall begin in the Commonlands.

Search for Jahsohn Ak'sot and give him this token.

(Rykas hands you a gold token coin)

He will share some of the knowledge I have bestowed upon him, and point you further down your path to Mastery. Bring me the Words of Mastery, Power of the Elements, and the Words of Magi'kot

Then you shall learn more about the power of the orb.

Next, travel to West Commons. You are in search of Jahsohn Aksot for the Words of Magi’Kot. I assume you can use the locate summoned spell to find him faster..

Giving the Token of Mastery (the token you receive from Rykas) to Jahsohn produces the following response:

Jahsohn Aksot says 'What is this? I cannot believe you found it! Where did you get this?'

You gain experience!!

You say, 'Rykas'

Jahsohn Aksot says 'I have not heard of anyone speaking that name out loud in years. Rykas once shared a tale with me, though I have lived with fear in my mind ever since. He told me afterwards that I did not have the balance I thought I had. Have you come for the Words of Magi'kot?

You say, 'I have come for the words of Magi'kot'

Jahsohn Aksot says 'The Words of Magi'kot can only be shared with those elementalists whose minds are of balance. The Words were separated into three pieces by a high council of Magi who feared that the story would bring an end to elementalists throughout Norrath. If you feel you wish to read from the sacred Power of the Orb then an elementalist of such power should easily accomplish this task.

You say, 'what task

Jahsohn Aksot says 'Bring me the torn pages of Magi'kot. The first section can be found in the depths of a tainted forest, warded by an angry lupine. It is also rumored that one section is found in the haunted estate of a murderer, on a many armed creature. The last may be found in the belly of an amphibian who thirsts for blood.

All of the torn pages are NODROP and LORE.

The Torn Page of Magi'Kot 1 can be found off Raged Dreads and Dread Wolves in Kithicor Forest,

The Torn Page of Magi'Kot 2 is found off Dark/Tentacle Terrors in Unrest,

The Torn Page of Magi'Kot 3 is found on Bloodthirsty Frogloks in Lower Guk at the Frenzy spawn.

Hand in all three of these Torn Pages to Jahsohn and you receive the first item Rykas requested, the "Word of Magi’Kot." This item is nodrop/lore.

Jahsohn Aksot says 'Rykas may have been right about you, [Your Name] . Now, go find Walnan. Walnan was apprenticed to a very powerful Mage. After her apprenticeship was complete, she wished to begin teaching other beings of Norrath. Even those who knew nothing of the art! I do not believe she was successful, though. Seek her out to further your tale. Good luck in your journeys, [Your Name]!

Next stop is Butcherblock. Look for Walnan, rumored to be rare because she despawns when her quest is completed. She will give you the quest for the Power of the Elements, which is described below.

Next quest Step begins is in Butcherblock. Seek ‘Walnan’ at approximately LOC - 1177,926 (she wanders the path, use sense summon and follow her pet to her she is fast)

You say, 'hail Walnan'

Walnan says 'Hello [Your Name]! I am Walnan, elementalist, summoner, wanderer, and sometimes teacher. Might you be a elementalist in search of the truth?

You say, 'I am an elementalist in search of the truth'

Walnan says 'The truth is something not all people can handle or understand. If the truth of the elements is what you seek then the Power of the Elements shall reveal all. Have you come to learn of Magi'kot?

You say, 'no'

Walnan says 'Only a few elementalists and followers outside our circle know what truly happened to Magi'kot. Even now, many are fearful to speak of his name. If you truly wish to continue, here is what you must do.

Gather the Power of the Earth, warded by a fae creature,Then Seek the Power of Fire, held by an elemental. Next you will need the Power of Wind, held by a twirling and prancing wanderer who has been corrupted. Finally, the Power of Water, held by a ravenous beast who is the minion of a fallen Sarnak. Bring them all to me, and I shall give you the Power of the Elements.

Notes :

To receive :

The Power of Earth you must slay a Faerie Guards in Lesser Faydark.

The power of Fire can be found as a common drop on the Lava Elemental in SolA and Blazing elements near efetti spawn. (expect to camp for 8+ hours)

The Power of Water is found off Enraged, Famished and Hungered Raveners in Kaesora.

The Power of Wind, is found off a Gypsy Dancer in Mistmoore.

Return these to Walnan to receive the nodrop/lore "Power of Elements" and the following speech:

Walnan 'The Arcane art of Summoning is derived from the power of the elements which surround us. Continue your journey across the Ocean of Tears. In a dark fortress, you should find Akksstaf lurking about. Be wary, but tell him that you seek Magi'kot. Hurry now [Your Name], you do not wish to miss the ship!'

(Walnan despawns now and her pet attacks you. This may be a bug or a test to make sure you are high enough level. *shrug*)

You must now travel to Najena, in search of Akksstaff. He was once easy to locate, in the second room and always up. Now there are reports (and I’ve confirmed them for myself) that he wanders around and is not always spawned. This was changed after they made all four pages drop as they were supposed to.. He can still be found though, just keep looking and if you take more people you have a higher chance of finding him

TORN Word of Elements - Akksstaff - Nejena (spawn location approx. 310,50)

You say "Hail Akksstaff"

Akksstaff says 'What do you want?! Foolish Gnome, I am in no mood to treat with beggars. I have half a mind to turn Jobober here loose on you! Well, don’t keep me waiting, state your business or be off with you!

You say "Akksstaff I seek Magi Kot" (no ' in the name, must be a space instead)

Akksstaff says 'Ah, that I can help you with. Magi'kot was a powerful elementalist, able to control the power of the elements which surrounded him. He was not able to fully master the elements when I was learning from him, but soon after my departure I hear rumors that he was going after the Orb of Mastery. At the time, I did not feel he was ready to harness all the elements, but Magi'kot listened to no one. He was in search of power beyond any held by a mortal. Do you wish to hear more?'

You say 'I wish to hear more'

Akksstaff says 'Then bring me the torn pages of mastery, there are four pages that can be found upon the women in this keep, though have a care, Najena's followers guard her treasure carefully, and delight in punishing trespassers.'

All four torn pages (Torn Page of fire/Air/Water/Earth mastery) can be found off the Dark Elf Magicians in the zone. They are semi-rare, but it shouldn’t take as long as the next parts of the quest Return the four torn pages of mastery to Akksstaff and he will say the following: 'Very well. Take these words back to that shriveled old gnome, Rykas, if you wish to complete this quest. Now leave me, Jaalen , it sickens me to be this cordial for so long. And Jobober needs exercise. Go!'

You will receive a nodrop(lore also?) "Words of Mastery" which looks like a book. I think they got this and the tome Rykas gives us mixed up,

Return to Rykas and return the Words of Mastery, Power of the Elements, and the Words of Magi'kot. He will say the following:

'I see that you have completed the quest I laid before you. That speaks well of your dedication, yet you do not realize your journey has just begun. Study this tome.'

Rykas despawns at this point.

(NOTE : Rykas does despawn and his pet will attack you..pet is green at 56th and yellow to a lvl 18, but may have faction)

You receive a tome from Rykas,

Which can be read. It reads as follows:

"An Elementalist's power comes from the Orb of Mastery. The Elements of Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water are contained within the Orb. The Master of Elements hold the Orb.

He can be found in the Plane of Air. No mortal has been able to contain the true power of the Orb. Trilith Magi'kot presented himself to the Master of Elements and the Orb of Mastery. The power of elements brought agony to his mind and body. Magi'kot was not of Balance.

Fire burned his eyes unto blindness, Wind put his mind into a spin, Earth entered his body and aged him like the mountains, and finally, Water washed his memories of mortal life away.

Failing his test, the Orb exacted its terrible price, and now Magi kot is part of the Orb. The bearer of this tome should seek out the Master of Fire and present it to him, for there is much left to be revealed."

(NEXT STEP SEEK master of fire in SKYFIRE)

The following is copied from the previous compilation by Gelenor, I changed certain parts that have been confirmed or denied.

ELEMENT OF FIRE - Jennus Lyklobar - Skyfire (approx. 2500, 5080 - wanders near burning woods zoneline and seems to spawn around 7pm game time)

You say, 'hail Jennus Lyklobar'

Jennus Lyklobar says 'Hello and well met, [Your Name]. [Your Race] like you don't often come here.. Do you come seeking what I possess? Fire, fire, fire and fire is mine! I surround myself with fire, I bathe in fire, I consume fire, I am the Master of Fire! Hahahaha, but I digress. Have you come for the element of Fire, seeking to fall to the same fate as Trilith Magi'kot?

You say, 'I wish to obtain the Element of Fire'

Jennus Lyklobar says 'The Element of Fire I can provide you, but you must prove you are able to contain its power. Bring me the Torch of the Elements now kept by a doomed lord of merchants, the burning embers from a notable member of wurm-kind who can be found a short journey from here and a blazing wand, which you should be familiar with. And you must surrender the tome Rykas gave you. But I think you would be happier if you stayed with me and learned more of the beauty of the one true element, FIRE!'

Blazing Wand - (Undertow common drop - Kedge Keep - Magic, Lore, No Drop Item)

Torch of the Elements - (Neh'Ashiir - City of Mist - No Drop Item)

Burning Embers - (Unconfirmed - Black Scar - Skyfire)

Tome from Rykas - (Received by completing Rykas’s original quest)

Give Jennus Lyklobar these items and you are given the Element of Fire, Magic, Lore and No Drop Item.

ELEMENT OF WATER - Jinalis Andir -Dagnor's Cauldron

You say, 'hail Jinalis Andir'

Jinalis Andir says 'Let us dispense with pleasantries, Rhion . I am Jinalis, as you know. I imagine you want to control the Elements. The Element of Water, which I possess, is the most powerful of the Elements. With it you can control the water which falls from the Air, erodes the Earth, and extinguishes Fire. It is a pity you do not focus on the Prime Element, but if you wish to follow that fool Magi'kot to your doom, I will not stop you. Bring me the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water held by the last of the Kedge, the Tears of Erolisi held by a dirty and rotten officer across the Blessed Deep, and finally, the Rain of Karana, found on a mighty Giant in, where else, the Karanas.'

Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water - (Phingel Autropos - Kedge - Magic, Lore, No Drop Item)

Tears of Erolisi - (Captain Rottgrime at the Evil Outpost - Overthere - No Drop Item)

Rain of Karana - (Named Giant Tarbul Earthstrider - East Karana - No Drop Item)

Give Jinalis Andir these three items and you are given the Element of Water, Magic, Lore and No Drop item.

Jinalis Andir says 'You have the control needed in order to manipulate the water which surrounds us. Take this element and guard it well, you will need it in the times to come.'

ELEMENT OF EARTH - Tiblner Milnik - (Missing location Use sense summoned to find his pet)

You say, 'hail Tiblner Milnik'

Tiblner Milnik says 'Huh? What? Oh, you speak so fast, it took me a moment. I have become used to the slow and stately conversation the Earth holds, where a thought can span aeons. I am the Master of Earth, you know. Though I'm usually too humble to say this, that makes me the most powerful mortal in Norrath, as everyone knows that Earth is the only REAL Element, all else must give way before its power. Water is absorbed by it, Air is ignored by it, and Fire is contained in it. But you know all these things, I am sure. Are you interested in obtaining the Element of Earth? I know Magi'kot was, but we know what happened to him, don't we?'

You say, 'I am interested in obtaining the Element of Earth'

Tiblner Milnik says 'Combining the following items can bring the Element of Earth together. Obtain the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth, held by the minions of the Prince of Hate, The Dirt of Underfoot found on Slix something or the other, and of course, I shall need the Broom of Trilon and the Shovel of Ponz. Bring all these things, and I shall show you what a true Master of Earth can do, and gift you with the Element of Earth.'

Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth - Innoruuk or now on another minion of Plane of Hate

Shovel of Ponz - (Magician focus item quest - Temple of Solusek Ro - Magic, Lore, No Drop Item)

Broom of Trilon - (Magician focus item quest - Temple of Solusek Ro - Magic, Lore, No Drop Item)

Dirt of Underfoot - (Unconfirmed - Slizik the Mighty - The Hole)

Give Tiblner Milnik items and you are given the Element of Earth, a Magic, Lore and No Drop item.

ELEMENT OF AIR - Kihun Solstin - Plane of Sky - NPC Quest Area

You say, 'hail Kihun Solstin'

Kihun Solstin says 'So, you have made it this far. I am Kihun Solstin, the Master of Wind. I control the unfettered Element like none other. As you should have learned, Air is the most potent of Elements. It fuels Fire, Water is comprised of it, and Earth cannot restrain it. Knowing this, do you seek the Element of Wind?'

You say, 'I seek the Element of Wind'

Kihun Solstin says 'I will test you then. In this wondrous plane of Air, find the Crown of Elemental Mastery, and search the world below for an Elemental Binder, and a cloak

fashioned from the feathers of a Pegasus. Return them to me and I shall give you the Element of Wind.'

Crown of Elemental Mastery - (Greater Sphinx - Plane of Sky 7th Island - assume No Drop item)

Elemental Binder - Unconfirmed - Drops in the Hole (unknown which monster picture was off test server. Item looks like froglock kings ruby crown with int+5, sv +5 fr,cr and ac 5

Pegasus Feather Cloak - (Quillmane - South Karana - rare spawn/rare drop - Magic No Drop Item)

Give Kihun Solstin these items and you are given the Element of Air, a Magic, Lore and No Drop item.

Archived