PoF Strategy

Ludaan dArias

Eldy... I'd like you to reconsider your break in strategy of "everybody rush."  I've been talking with a few people and it seems most that I talk to disagree with that method of doing things because it rarely works.  It also produces the types of CR's that take long enough that people eat deaths and can't get rezzed.  What I'm proposing is this.  Buff the &%$# outta a few tanks.  Have them zone in.  Have them hold off the mobs til a few clerics can zone in, run to west wall, and camp.  A monk will be there to ensure that the clerics camped and that the area keeps clear of mobs.  Then, the tanks get rezzed and clear the entry portal.  Then everyone else zones in.  At this point, my definition of tanks are melee 55+.  Since we aren't really going to have much, if any, of that type of tankage, then melee 50+ would work for our case.  Basically this would mean any HP and AC buffs that exist need to be on these tanks, plus maybe Rune to give extra time.  Rangers might even be able to control this better by snaring and rooting, and just giving extra time.  I'd be happy to zone in with you and Hyer and maybe a few others to take a shot at this.

What do you think?

PS.  shoot me a tell in game, have somethin else to discuss

Ummmm beggin yer pardon guys but from my experience the best bet oon this is the "hare and the hounds ranger" kill him off outside, with a mob death so you dont have to worry bout the rez timer bein only 8 min, rez him back in loot all but one item so the corpse is still there, buff the hooty hoos outa him, zone him in, click the rez on the body outside so that he has it in his face, he then trains every thing and its uncle to the farthest corner from west wall he can, when he is down to one bubble of health he clicks the box, at the moment he clicks the box every one zones in and goes to west wall with no mobs around and we just pick off the stuff as it wanders on back.

The Lleo/Gregar combo have pulled this one off before, and gregar and zzaxx zone in to help once Lleo hasd healed him up and campped.

Now this is yer raid.....I aint tellin yah what too do...but i would stronglly suggest this method.

Zzaxx

Archived