Thane or Shaman?

Fingon

I am doing some research on here and I am thinking I will be  going either Thane or Shaman.  What kind of offensive capabilites do these guys have?  Is it the tipical slow start for a magic user, but once you are experienced you are quite powerfull?  Damn, k definatly doing Thane route.  Just read some impressive stuff about them.  Dual hammers, hmm interesting.

Fing

Don't think of a thane as a magic user.  A thane is a mix between melee and spellcasting.  They are not the best at either.  A thane is typically the puller of MOBs in any group, and in RvR, they typically use Mjolnir's Hammer spell into a group of enemies.

Balandar can tell you much more about a Shaman than I can, but Shamans are similar to thanes.  Warriors are better melee than a thane, runemaster better spellcaster than a thane.  Healers are better healers than shaman, and runemasters have better DD spells than shamen.  Its all up to your playstyle.

Thanes are better in melee than shamans, since they can protect and guard. Shamans are better soloers since they can heal and cast dd spells. Shamans have the only dot spell in midgard (damage over time). It all depends on how you spec your character. As a healer/cave user, healer/augmentation, augmentaion/cave. They get chain armor at 20 and can use small shields, but mostly they hang back and shimmy up the faltering lines in a group. Sometimes they act as primary healer (unless you piss them off).

Actually right now I am leaning towards the Runemaster.  I always have liked frying people.  But it won't be for a few days anyways.  DaOC is on its way, was shipped today (24th)  So I am assuming it won't get here till 26th or 27th.  And then I will have to wait on my computer which will be some time this week.  I can't wait to get in DaOC with you guys though.

Merry Xmas guys and gals.

mmmmm new computer, im sitting on mine right now after doing a janky cable modem hook up just to check out gaming on it. Not to bad of a system i might add my parents decided to get me a new comp for when i got to college so its my christmas and graduation gift.  Nice specs though 1.6ghz , 256mb ram soon to prob be 512mb, 40gb hard drive with 7200rpm speed, only a 16mb rage video card ill prob upgrade that very soon, awesome sound system, all i can say is im in heaven heh.  :smash:  :D  :D

Nice, my system is 900 mHz, 256 mb ram, 20 gig hd, 64 meg video card, decent sound system didn't really care about that.  Overall its pretty decent.  If I need to I'll go for a better chip, my mother board can hold way more than what I am getting.  the chip i am getting was only 100 bucks, 1.4 gh was over 350, so for the money I didn't feal it was worth it.  I can always pump that up  later if I need to.

Can't wait to get up and running.

Fing

Archived