SpellWeaving for Non-SW Humans

Strider

As some of you know, Kodo, Charlie and myself have been training spell weaving, and in the proccess Ive been obviously thinking of ways to use the skill, and something hit me, and it works.

Now, before you run off and take my advice... please please, consider if this fits your characters personality and not just if it suits you for pvp and pvm.

Find a way to role play out why you can do this, seek training under me IC or something, but dont just do it.

Ok, so this applies to humans.

As you should know humans have the trait "Jack Of All Trades", which gives them a natural 20 skill in everything.

So, you take your human, say, a pure warrior or ANYTHING, and complete the Spell Weaving quest. This will allow you to use spell weaving and its spells.

Lock SW, ofcourse. This will now give you access to some very handy things with the natural 20 skill.

First: You can now use Arcane circle, do this with other Sw users who have 0-20 skill, and youll get a focus thatll strengthen your spell weaving spells.

Second: Gift of Renewal. YOu can now use this, which will heal you like regen, if youre damaged itll regen a bit of healthy every so often. Very handy.

Third: Attunement. This will allow you to absorb some physical damage for a short time. Being so low it isnt a huge amount ofcourse, but it can be very good in combination with GoR above. And besides, for having no trained skill this is nice.

Fourth: Nature Fury. Summons a swarm of insects to attack monsters. If youve seen it, its great :dancing_smile: This summons like the other spells here has a min skill cost of 0. You can summon some of these, and theyll help you in battle alot.

And there you go, things that are very helpful and add flavour to your template without taking up a skill slot. Find 5 0-20 spell weavers and you can get a level 5 focus, and really boost these things to incredible power, for someone with 0 skill.

Again, please consider the In Character reasons for doing this, before doing it. Strider will "teach anyone the ways of the Arcanist" if they seek him out, but dont do this just for the lovely bonuses.

There you go and enjoy.

P.S. You'll need to find the scrolls for these ofcourse, but we can help with that for those who seek this path.