AC Molten Core raid last night

Relikk

Last night I logged in very late, mainly due to errands and still dealing with a headcold. Arriving in felwood, I expected to farm up some more dreamfoil for the FE pots. Received a tell from the AC Molten Core raid that Greenbull was not available and if I would come (where are you GB? =( )

I forgot about the agreement I made w/ Grimgor that I would help temporarily until the Skullcrusher raid was back on (my bad, I blame this on my headcold).

I was thoroughly impressed with the raid, 40 people and they handled some tough situations very professionally. I spoke to some of the players and they felt the same way. IMHO, these guys will be taking on rags in 5-6 months (gearing up takes time). A good solid group. They however, lacked enough priests, but I'm sure they will overcome this.

All went perfect until Luci fight. This is where the lack of priests would finally bite us hard. Luci came storming to the back of the cave for whatever reason (they had good tanks, just inexperienced) so instead of DPS on the protectors as my role was simply to help and advise, I tagged Luci and brought her back to the designated spot. However, for whatever reason (and this needs to be worked out) no heals were forthcoming and I can only tank her for several seconds using self heal techniques before going down.

IMHO, this group has amazing potential. Kudos to Bludbeerd and Grimgor for staying cool and listening to suggestions (they are very open minded and will be a great raid leaders). They listened to suggestions of the placement of Luci, they stayed away from the imp cave, and they made sure to pull the core hounds back to where I stated.

Here is a video of the 4th attempt as I had to leave and get some sleep. I would consider this a flawless victory, they remembered every step and executed it perfectly. In one fell swoop, they decided to handle it all and waste no time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6_EAm2-SJk

p.s. All teasing aside, I very much enjoyed the light-heartedness of the raid, and know that this raid team will do very well in the future. Just growing pains right now, please don't give up.

Big hug to all,

Rel