Group Experience Essay

Martok

The following information has been taken from several DAoC sites, as well as some taken from the DAoC strategy guide by Prima.

Equal Characters

This means that all the characters in the group are near enough to each others level, that the MOB's are the same color to them.  Each character will get an equal share of the experience points.  For example:  A group of eight players will receive an equal share of a kill that normally gives 300,000 experience points.

One High Level, remaining low level Characters

Nobody in the group will receive any experience unless the highest level person in the group is fighting MOB's that con at least red to them.  Even then, experience is only minimal.

Equal characters with one weak character

If a group of characters are within a few levels of each other, and one character is several levels below them, they will all get an equal share of the kill except for the weak character.  For simplicity, lets assume there are four people in a group.  Three of the characters are lets say level 18, and the fourth is a level 8.  If the group is fighting a yellow or orange MOB, the three level 18's will receive 25% of the total experience a piece, and the fourth will receive a portion of their cap max up to 10%.  The rest of the experience vanishes, it does not go to any player.

The general rule of thumb, is for everyone in the group to be within four levels of each other.  From personal experience, I would extend that to six levels in a group of eight.  While the lower level players will not get as much experience in a high level group as they would if they were soloing, there is more FUN in a large group of friends and guildmates.

As I record more of how different leveled players in different groups get experience, I will post my findings.

Archived