Crowd Control 101

Darg

I would like to share with you all my experiences so far, playing a crowd control(CC) type character. There are several important things to remember when you have a large group, and are pulling multiple enemies.

First thing to know, which is pretty much common sense is, fighting one MOB versus fighting two, three, or more is much better odds for the group. That is where a CC comes into play. With our Mesmerize line of spells, along with our Stun line of spells, we can strictly control combat, and mold it to how we want to fight it.

Some key tips on when fighting with a CC in your group:

If a MOB resists Mez, the designated tank should hit the MOB until it turns from the healer. Then said tank should return to the main target. This will allow the CC to re-mez. The reason the tank needs to stop attacking that particular MOB is, if you get it below 75% of it's health, the CC can no longer stun or Mez it.

If at all possible, try to stick to one target. Let the CC take care of any additional MOBs. If you did not know, there is a command to assist the main tank. This command is /assist. If you make a macro, say /assist Borg, then you will always be attacking the same MOB Borg is fighting, and will not be breaking a mesmerized or stunned MOB.

These are just some basic thoughts and hopefully helpful advice. I hope this post does not sound like I am talking to newbs, I just wanted to share my experiences with you so far. Please feel free to expand on this.

-Darg Aleslayer, Healer of the Vanguard

Archived