51+ Spell Drops

Lolanya1

What drops Ro's Firey Sundering?  Additionally, what the heck IS Ro's Firey Sundering, and who the heck would use such an absurdly named scribbling?

We've come accross many, many, many, many dropped spells over the course of the past 4 or so months, starting in GD with the Ancient Wurms.  Likewise in Skyfire Mountains off Wyverns and Wurms, and in Howling Stones, those who've been (a few days ago 9 spells dropped off about 100 mobs in 90 minutes of action) nearly everything drops some sort of musing etched on old velum.  

What I'm chirpping about is what drops where.  I want to know where my cleric spells have dropped for you, and I'll tell you that your Shaman, Druid, Beastlord, Chanter, Wizard, and Bard spells (some Cleric too) have dropped in HS.

Tell me more!

Love ya!

No, I really mean it!

Really!

Love ya all!

Lola/Baldy -

A quick check of Castersrealm and then Alla-k's netted this info:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Casters Realm Says:

Iceclad ocean:

Spells drop off a number of NPC's within this zone.

One of the rarer ones is Garou which spawns near the Tower of Frozen Shadow, this NPC often drops spells highly in demand by Druids and Clerics.

Tower of Frozen Shadow:

Spells drop off a number of NPC's within this zone.

Wakening Lands:

Various mobs in this zone drop spells released in the Velious Expansion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alla-k's says:

It is also dropped by Ulthork Man-O-Wars in EW.

~ and ~

This spell also dropped on the 4th Floor of Tower of Frozen Shadow last night

Alyia Northenstar

51 Champion

Xev

----------------------------------------------------------------

About the spell:

Name:  Ro's Fiery Sundering

Level:  39

Mana:  50

Class:  Alteration

Era:  Original Everquest

Vendor(s):  Iceclad Ocean

Tower of Frozen Shadow

Wakening Lands

Type:  Duration Single Target Debuff

Max Duration:  5 minutes

Casting Time:  3.5 seconds

Recast Time:  6 seconds

Actual Effects: Target: Reduce AC  

Target:: Reduce Fire Resist

Description: This spell reduces a single targets fire resistance making it much easier to land fire based spells.

The spell also reduces the Targets AC making them easier to hit.

----------------------------------------------

:laugh:

Hope that helps you some.

Obviously I've been misunderstood.

I could care less what Ro's Firey whatever is.  I know how to look on web sites.  And I can determine where spells drop as I pick em up.  

What I want to know is where do you get your spells?  What drops for you?  What do I (or countless others) not have to spend an hour on the MARKET channel bashing our skulls against rocks for?  List em, if you dare.  Or simply offer us a tell when next you see us on-line.

What are you looking for?  ???

Hi.  I grouped with you guys yesterday, and I can tell you this about ro's fiery sundering.  I have personally seen it drop in the wurm caves at least twice while hunting there.  Not sure, but it seemed to drop there alot.  I hunt manowars alot, and they dont seem to drop spells as often as the wurms next to the broodmother if that helps.

As for what Ro's does, well lets just say its a low agro dot, that lowers AC.  Cast it near the beginning of a fight, and you wont need to worry about the cleric getting agro'd from healing as more damage by the tanks = more tank agro. ::smash::

strike the dot thing......

• 3 weeks later...

OK, ok.  Enough Ro's stuff.

Here's what I've found and where

Sebilis:

Cripple, Form of the Howler, Reckoning, Convergence, Splurt, Atol's Spectral Shackles, Circle of Summer / Winter, Yaulp IV, Heroic Bond, Word of Vigor, Spirit of Scale, Theft of Thought, Dementia, Rage of Zomm, Scars of Sigil, Gift of Xev, Thrall of Bones, Talisman of Jasinth, Pillar of Lightning, Inferno of Al'Kabor

Howling Stones:

Inferno of Al'Kabor, Pillar of Frost, Cripple, Spirit of the Howler, Defoliation, Convergence, Bandoleer of Luclin, Quiver of Marr, Theft of Thought, Upheaval, Spirit of Scale, Death Pact, Deftness, Song of Twilight

Skyfire Mountains:

Circle of Summer / Winter, Song of Midnight, Word of Restoration, Naltron's Mark, Blizzard, Spirit of Scale, Form of the Howler, Girdle of Karana, Color Slant, Theft of Thought, Call of the Hero, Eye of Tallon, Servant of Bones

Hope you are taking notes.  If you see something on here you need (I tend not to keep many spells, as they don't stack), tell me and I'll keep an eye out for it.

Hugs and such,

Baldy

• 2 months later...

Additionally:

UP: Level 54-59 Luclin spells off the DA's and Gantru's (many of which conned EVEN to me at 57, and ALL the DA's and Gantru casters summon)

Deep: Level 54-60 Luclin spells.  Need 3 tanks, a healer (2 is better) and a slower.  Expect to pull only to the zone line.  Spell drops are quite rare, mineral drops are uncommon (ores and luclinite)

GE: Level 53-60 Luclin spells.  Raid type groups for all but single room camps.  Spawns are relatively staid and recurring.  Most creatures in the range of level 50.

Grey, TM, AR, ME, SD: 44 - 58 Luclin spells.  Rare drops off any mob in the zone, named are better.

WW: Level 55-60 Velious spells.  Should be called WOW.  Dragons galore.  half the mobs are level 58+, most summon, many spell drops.

SG: Level 51 - 57 Velious spells.  Sirens stink, but drop some nice stuff.  Rarely a spell.

CS, DN, VL, WL, KD, IK, SS: 44 - 60 Velious spells.  Named are better, drops are rare.  Faction plays a role in all areas except VL.

ToV: Level 57-60 Velious spells (most ancients too) CoV faction is the key, spell drops off named are a given.  Raid level mobs only.

I have some specifics, but I stopped keeping track after the first 100 spells.

Good luck all on the march to 65!

Archived