The Story of Tyr Antilles

[This is the Tyr Antilles story from his first arrival on Sosaria to the present. I am not sure if or how often I will update it, and if I will answer any of the questions rised by this background story, but it can be a good startpoint to understand some of Tyr's actions and his way to be. A part of this story was told a couple of weeks ago at the Bard's Night on Galehaven. Other answers about Tyr Antilles can be found here at character survey topic.

The Story of Tyr Antilles

written by himself

I have arrived in Brittannia from a land situated deep in the great Ocean and I don't remember much of my country, except beautiful beaches and the clear water of the Ocean filled with tropical fishes. I don't even remember the name of my homeland, perhaps it was one of the thousands islands from the South Ocean, at that time it was only named Home. Also the mistery about my parents, which I never met, was never unveiled. I supose everyone have to be born by parents? Or not?

I was too young, only a child, when Papa Joe, the old sailor who take care of me, with head full of stories about great treasures on far, far islands in the west, and with whisky from the tavern, decided to search our luck taking a place on "Sea Daughter", a old ship belongs to a good tavernmate of him. After many months of searching and travelling we lost the way to our island and with almost no provisions we are starting to understand that death in the middle of the Ocean is a big possibility. But our Karma wasn't to die there; a mother storm begin, the Gods of wind and water fight one each other screaming of anger and our old ship was exacly in the middle of the battlefield. After many hours, in wich we have time to wonder that we are still alive, we hear in front of us the noise of waves hitting the ground. Next thing I remember was a great wave hitting the ship from the back and the strange sensation that I lie in a forest. When I wake up I was in a small fishing lodge with my companions around including Papa Joe, drunk like always. I see "Sea Daughter" resting between trees of the forest wich now I know that is near Trinsic. It take some time until we understand where we are, Brittannia is a wonderful place with many surprises. So in one of the days I say goodbye to Papa Joe and the rest of our crew, and I hit the road in searching for luck, headed to Trinsic.

Trinsic, city of Honor, nest of the greatest Palladins from entire Brittannia, the city was a wonder for me - I haven't seen Britain yet - and I was impressed by the sense of rightness and honor at this peoples and of their respect for the virtues. I decided that if is not posibbile to join their order, at least to become as close I can of "The Way of The Palladin".

The life on the city wasn't so easy for a young boy like me who couldn't earn money. My few coins vanished in just few days and I had to think at a way of making a living if I didn't wanted to get back ashamed to Papa Joe, or even worse in my oppinion, to embrance the noble proffession of begging. This was the time when I met Saint Ignatius.

It was near the armory when a men, a noble judging by his clothes, started to scream that he was robed, his bag of gold missing, while other trespassers started to gather around him. Right away he is pointing his finger on me who try to push myself back from the crowd.

- It was you, I am sure of it.

Then looking at the peoples around:

- Just look how he is dressed, and is trying to sneak out.

Certainly, my clothes wasn't in their best shape, but to be accused of thievery just because of that wasn't too fair. Unfortunately the peoples gathered seemd to agree with him. It wasn't the best time to argue with them, so I turned away to run, but hit hard a tall man dressed all in black with a staff also black on his hand.

- Oiii, what's that noise over here? Do you peoples lost the sense of truth? Don't you see that in his clothes he can't hide a bag of gold so big, like no wonder, you carried with you, kind sir?

After arguing a few more times but without strength, the noble leaved furious and the crowd started to dissipate.

- Saint Ignatius is my name, he says looking down on me and shaking my hand like the hand of an adult. His beard made the impression of a honest man, but his eyes shining with devilish power looked strange on me.

- That fat pig - he continues - deserved to be robed, just as I deserve to get his gold. Arrogant nobles, belive that they are the only worthy human beings, full of theirselves and consumed by their greed.

After that he invited me at lunch on his house, The Nest, where he present me his "family" Scoundrel Red Carl, Unworthy Solomon and the Despicable Gina, telling me that he have too much money to spend annyway pointing at the big pursue he just "gathered" with a triumphant smile. Over the next couple of days I become one of the "saints", more unwanting then of my will, finding excuses that they were nice peoples after all, and they took care of me. Even if I was very young, I didn't feel that pickpocketing and stealing was something honorabile, but I admired the boldness of Saint Ignatius who saved me back then, even he was the true thief. Now, when I look back, I wonder how I managed to become coopted on a thief band, when I started on the road with palladin ideals in mind. This can be a good example of how able we are to truly control our fate and why so many of us finish their stories buried in a way of living they hate, doing upleasant things their entire life, and the worst of all, forgeting their most beloved dreams.

Of course this didn't happend with me, no doubt because of my good natured soul *chuckles*. Now serious, it was just luck.

Months passed, then years and I still couldn't accomodate my ideeas and thoughs with the philosophy of the Saints. But I had no other place to go being still a child at that time and the life with them wasn't very harsh, they were good peoples, at least among themselves. Acvtivating in the Trinsic area, one of the biggest britanian cities we didn't had too much troubles with the guards and the law, except some minor incidents, even if the law is very strict about thievery. For a long time already, Saint Ignatius was dreaming at a "big shot", something that will make him rich in no time, and even that he detested the "greedy nobles" so much, I found out his hidden dream, the knighthood. In his conception this will be achieved only with lots of money, being one of those who belives that everything can be brought on this world with enough money.

My thoughts about him was somehow uncertain. I could not agree with his philosophy feeling in my heart that is wrong, but after all he helped me a lot, and not only me; he wasn't a bad man.

On that day preparations for the "big shot" ended, he gathered all of us and unveil the secret for he was preparing of a long time: a hit on The Pearl of Trinsic - the Trinsic Jeweler; he intents to enter her house, kidnap her and after that we will steal everything from her house and then ask her relatives for a big reward.

The impact of this news on me was devastating, all my instincts revolted against such an action, and right at that moment I realized that thivery and other unworthy things are totally against my way to be. I knew from before Miss Shelley, the Jeweler, she was a rich woman, but often she was buying food and took care of poor peoples on the city, yes, like me, and all I know is that I wanted to see that woman safe.

So, I asked Saint Ignatius to rennounce at this hit, arguing that is too dangerous, that are many guards around, but I couldn't make him change his mind; more then that, he told me to stay at home and not be involved in this, promising us all that after this hit we will become honest citizens, being rich enough to live many years without thinking of money.

That was the night I flee from The Nest after two years from my arrival, taking with me only my old clothes. I sneaked on the darkened strrets of Trinsic, avoiding the lights, thinking of what i decided to do, though, the more I think, the more decided I was. Sneaking on the back window of the jewelry, where no wonder miss Shelley was at that late hour, beliving that the front door was already under surveillance, I hit the glass few times until the owner come to see what was there.

- You are in danger lady, I told her, your house can be attaked on every minute now, please save yourself. The woman beliving my word, jumped over the window and asked me to wait at a neibhour family, friends of her, who lived a few houses away. Then with her neighbour left to alert the guards. In the morning I found out that on the previous night the guards caught the entire Saint Ignatius band in the jewelry and they were judged by the Royal Courthouse and sent to Wrong prison on the far north.

The guilty feeling for betraying my friends was tremendous, but seems that my sense of justice was even stronger and I know that I will do the same next time.

From that day until the day I come of age I become the son of that kind woman, the jeweler, living a peaceful life, and training myself to be accepted on the order of the Palladins. Because my new tutor was a rich woman, I could attend the "courses" of Encyclopedia Magicka, I worked as aprentice at the local healer, learning in time the art of healing, and in the same time I begin to frequent the Trinsic Training Hall on the Palladin Isle, learning the fighting arts such as anatomy, swordsmanship, tactics and focus. After many years of training, the graduation day arrived and after I took all the tests at the Trinsic Training Hall I was welcomed in the Order.

When I reached the age where I could leave on my own I left the home - though I visit my step mother miss Shelley as often I can - and become myself an adventurer, seeking to build my own house and a name that I ca be proud of.

In the years that passed I learned many things about Britannian way of life, meet many wonderful peoples like Elandra Rheinfal and Shadows, and wonderful places I saw, but as well, some despicable and corrupted, always reminding myself that a palladin is here to put a stop of the evil and protect the innocents. After that, meeting the one who will become my good companion and friend, Rand, I joined a nice guild C&C - Champions of Camelot ruled by the great Uther with his Lady Silana, and spend with them few good years. I witnessed the descover of Ilshenar, participating in the upcoming Jukan wars. Then I found about the Great Empire of Purple Guardians of Honor and proudly enrolled as a squire and over time becoming one of the good legionnaires and participating at many events and adventures with the legionnaires. Finally I brought my first house with the help of the greatest tamer I know, Lora du Blood.

In this time I took very seriously my duty as a Trinsic Palladin, participating in different missions with the purpose to eradicate the evil, or where this is not possibile just to keep the safety of the cities and protecting the inhabitants in need. These missions sent me in many places of our land, some of them of great beauty and calm magic, but also others darkened with evil or decay. I fought the orc armies stopping their attempt to conquer sosarian territories, cyclopes and titans in the lost lands, and even the very well organized ophidian armies, so strong that each attempt to pierce their defense to their citadel in lost lands finish with victory on their side and most casualities in our palladin army.

Most of all I like the sea travels, my attraction for the vaste water surfaces couldn't be denied. Crossing the seas many times I encountered and confronted as well many sea creatures like sea serpents and water elementals.

Then, on an Ilshenar Dungeon where I was pushing back the forcess of evil with my friend Lu Lu Mistique a great spell was cast upon us by Lord of The Abyss himself and we were dragged on the underworld on adnother plane, a smokish and hellish place where we lost ourselves and changing forever. My friend was never beeen able to get back to life and i had a chance of a million. However, my memories about that place are very foggy and unclear, and it looks that the more I try to concentrate, the less I can remember. The only thing I was certain, is that something of great importance remained hidden and I have to find out what, at all costs.

When I opened my eyes again in the world of the living, I was on a beach near the city of Haven, a fisherman pulling me away from the waters. I found later that almost a hundred years had passed on Britannia and my world changed a lot in this time... not as much as i did, it looks like. The ages spent on the daemon plane marked me forever, twisting my sense for true, tormented me with horrid dreams and whispering evil in my ears, trying to change my soul from the good. This only strenghtened my will to follow the TRUTH and to respect HONOR more then anything... but it looks like this is a very difficult task to accomplish in such circumstances. The life I had from then was full of contradictions and against my will I did many things that I am not proud of, like never happend on the past.

In my absence, I found the world of Sosaria greatly changed, the language almost indistinguishibile, peoples speaking about new races and lands unknown before and the city of Haven changed dramatically being infested with undead; a new city called New Haven being erected on the west side of the Island. In this New Haven I spent the first years of my new life trying to regain my strength, my abilities, and most of all, my memories and mind agility, so greatly affected by whatever happend with me on the balroon plane. Here I find shelter in Hamato's house, a strange looking man claiming to come from a very distant land called Tokuno. The man was full of stories from his homeland, and my interest for that place grow steadily by the time passed. Also, the philosophy of the man had a great impact upon myself, finding his philosophical ideeas so close of my own thoughts, that many of them looked thinked by me.

Here I discovered the ways of meditation and started to clean the mess on my mind bit by bit. However, as time passed and my introspection become deeper and clearer, I discovered that I can handle many things that normal peoples can't, and started to question myself how is that possibile. All peoples I know are either, mages, warriors, nobles, crafters and so on, but I found that I have abilities in many different fields, far beyond a simple human being can learn in a lifetime. Meditating about an ability or other was like I almost can "remember" how it is done. All questions rised by this strange things remained unanswered at the present.