Message from and old guild member

Demandred2

Hello everyone,

Old friends and new I'm considering returning to UO. I haven't played since '99 not long after the trammel/feluca patch. How is the game today? Is there still a lot of people playing?

If your an older member, Ser Brightblade, Scout Finch, Borg, Fing, Greg, Arthil and you are reading this please send an email to your old friend Demandred at Chris.bell@lamson-sessions.org

Take care,

Dem

well yes lots of changes, i think biggest one is, resists, magic resist only resists para and curse now.Allother resists are in our armor,,diff metals diff resists.70 is the most resist you can get in anyone of the areas aka fire ,poison,physical,energy,cold.most armor has all these resists on it,but in different levels. A 70 resist suit in all is very hard to find or make. weapons now hit in the same elements as resists,fire cold etc, so you need to carry diff weapons for diff monsters.re: a cold weapon against a fire monster like a dagon will give better hits.So much more ,you'll feel like a noob,as most of us still do right now.

Hudson

Hmm if you left just after Tram/ Fel patch you have alot to look forward too. Ilshenar and Malas are new lands in which we adventure, along with new monster sets and improvements on old monsters(pack instincts, Nothing like a pack of angry hell hounds brrr..)

Crafting has changed and we now have things to look forward to on that end with BODs and such

And probably the biggest change since you left has to be Power scrolls!

Now GM is not the highest level , with power scrolls that vary between +5 and +20 you can take that skill all the way to 120 and become Legendary!

Look forward to seeing you in game soon!

Imperator Akroma

Guest Charlie

I hope to see you in the guild,I am off game right now but i feel you will enjoy all the new additions to UO,i wasnt around in the beginning,but have been with the best group in the game,my fellow PGoHers and yes Doddz you too:) :gruntugly:

Wow, there seems to be a lot going on in the game. Been pretty busy but it's good to here from you guys and to see that the guild and game are still kicking stong.

I messed up in that email address too.... it's Chris.bell@lamson-sessions.com not .org woops.

Anyway, I think I might get a new copy of the game after the holidays when I'll have a little more time to play. In the mean time I'm looking at a couple of other MMORPGS that are coming out to see if I might just want to wait. I wouldn't mind hereing your thoughts or seeing if any of you guys are going to start playing any of them... here is the list that I'm looking at now: World of Warcraft, Liniage II, and True Fantasy Live Online for Xbox live (My Xbox Live Gamertag is Dexterryu, or Dexter_Ryu... can't remember off hand at the moment) I currently have an account in DAOC as an Elf Ranger on the Gwenevier server named Celeabron. If anyone plays in Hibernia on that server look me up.

Other than that if anyone wants to contact me or chat, my IM is Dexterryu. No ICQ at the moment, but I'll let you all know.

Brightblade... good to hear from you. Hope all is well with the baby (was the big news last we spoke). Is that PIII 500 I got you still kicking? How is Kate?

-Chris

Bal,

Any of those new games allow you to play as a good guy/bad guy?

The reason I ask, as you guys may remember of me, is that I walked a fine line of good/evil. While I was morally good, I did what I thought was good depending on the situation... IE, I killed a lot of blue pk's and I learned that to play some tricks on some of the more shady players in the game you needed to be a bit shady yourself.

Basically, to people outside the guild (I was always loyal to guildmates) I was a bit of a wildcard (Think Jack Sparrow without the uh... flaming tenancies). Any of the new MMORPG's coming up allow that? One of the things that I dislike most about the current ones is that you seem to be pretty locked into being a good guy.

Well, remember I haven't played since '99 and haven't been involved with any of our guilds in other games.

One of the things that really caused UO to lose it's appeal to me was the creation of the trammel/feluca patch. It took away the edge of having to watch my back at all times because when playing in Trammel all I had to worry about was the monsters, not monsters and people. At the same time it seemed like everyone you met in feluca just wanted to fight, which while cool wasn't very interesting because everytime I ran into someone they'd just want to fight. I played DAOC a little bit too, and it had the same type of thing, if you see someone from another realm you knew they were hostile. No options to make friends, infiltrate, negotiate, build relationships with etc...

But my question was not necessarily a guild wide good/evil thing. But whether a character could be good/evil/inbetween on an individual basis. Those people who ran with me a lot... WCoast, Brightblade, Scout Finch, Lags, Alodar know that we got ourselves into and out of a lot of sticky situations catching known thieves and pk's. It was a ton of fun because we never know how they are going to react, unlike monsters where you know they will attack, and unlike players from a different realm, where you know they will attack.

SWG would be like DAoC then. There is no interaction. See rebel, kill rebel.

As to WoW, we do not have enough information yet as to how PvP will work. Warcraft history is now saying that the Orcs are becoming good and humans evil. But it will still be Alliance vs. Horde, like rebels vs imps, or midies vs albies vs hibies. And guild warfare (as to how that will work... no info on it yet).

Shadowbane is like UO Fel. Anyone can kill anybody else. So when you come across someone, you do not know if they will flee, attack, or talk. That would be the closest to what you are talking about. But.... it's pretty unbalanced. I think you can download it and play for 15 days or something.

Not sure if any of that would help. I am not playing any MMORPGs as of right now. Mostly just Warcraft 3 with some UT on the side.

Welp, the Planed storyline for Istaria would put us somewhere in the neutral evil range. We like dragons, we treat them fairly, but the lesser races are tools to be used by us reptialian gods. *grins* Comes out tommorow. Sadly though, there is no pvp... *cries* Suppose its a good thing really, if there was there would be dragons and thats it.