The Search for Miridian's Eye

GideonRye

Citizens of Britannia,

Many generations ago, long before the facets split, the Royal Guard used a ship known as Miridian's Eye to distribute arms to soldiers stationed throughout the lands.

With the rise of the Followers of Armageddon, and the tribulations that followed in the wake of the Second Age, the Royal Guard began distributing more powerful equipment to its soldiers, and Miridian's Eye was sent to deliver the arsenal.

However, rumors of the shipment of magic weapons and armor spread to Buccaneer's Den, and soon, pirates were planning an ambush off the coast of Dagger Isle, intent on capturing the cache for themselves.

Indeed, Miridian's Eye was later attacked by three pirate vessels as it sailed away from Moonglow City; however, armed with the weapons and armor they were set to deliver, the crew was able to deal massive casualties to the pirates, forcing them to retreat, and allowing the Royal vessel to escape.

Details are vague at this point, but it is known that the pirates regrouped and pursued the fleeing vessel as it sped north, past Dagger Isle, and into the volatile waters of the north. The legend has it that after two days of chasing the ship just over the horizon, the pirates finally caught up to Miridian's Eye...

...only to find the ship drifting abandoned in a strange haze, the decks and mast stained crimson with blood. Massive, dark shapes swam just below the surface surrounding the ship, and the pirates, fearing dark magic was involved, opted to return to Buccaneer's Den, where the story of the fate of Miridian's Eye was told over many an ale.

Many considered this tale a hoax, an urban legend intended to scare off those that would interfere with the Royal Guard's shipping lines. However, dockmasters that had seen Miridian's Eye many times insisted they never saw it again after the story surfaced, and so the truth of the matter remained disputed.

Which brings us to the present, here in the Age of Shadows. My research has uncovered documents that detail the fate of the ship, and an investigation has revealed that the vessel remains drifting aimlessly, with its cargo somehow still intact. And, coincidentally, a book I have been searching for is said to be on board...

In the pursuit of knowledge, it is often necessary to outsource responsibilities, for efficiency's sake. I cannot take the time off from my research to capture Miridian's Eye myself, so I have devised a method of choosing who I can trust to undertake the task on my behalf.

On Thursday, August 21st, at 8:00pm Eastern, I will be offering an open contract of employment to all interested citizens, involving the collection of a number of items I need for the next phase of my research. This task might be considered a "scavenger hunt", of sorts. I need nothing of significant value, and most citizens, regardless of class or profession, are capable of acquiring the items on the list.

The three groups or individuals who return the list of items to me in the least amount of time will be provided with a contract of employment for the recovery of Miridian's Eye. All treasure, weapons and armor found on board may be kept by whoever captures it, and a reward of 100,000 gold will be paid for the delivery of the aforementioned tome into my hands.

To reiterate, a "scavenger hunt" will be held on Thursday, August 21st, at 8:00pm Eastern, with three winners receiving a contract of employment for the recovery of a lost ship, with the potential for a 100,000 gold reward. Those wishing to participate should gather at 7:45pm, away from prying eyes, on the third level of Trammel's dungeon Wrong.

Bring a lantern.

- Gideon Rye

Ahh Steel and I looked this over yesterday, excellent stuff. Unfortuneatly i will be working. I hope that doesnt stop those of you who can attend, help the kind Gideon find the eye.

Strength and HONOR!

Logan

Edited by Lord Logan