New News and Old News

Prometheus

After a discussion with Martok and Borg, I decided to return to the brotherhood of PGoH. After reading Borg's recruitment post on the news page, I noticed that the Empire has need of a Senator of Arcane .... and seeing as how that, at the moment, I am forced to spend the majority of my online time on a dial-up connection, decided that Prom isn't going to be seeing any heavy combat any time soon. I feel I can better serve the Empire in that position, rather than fulfilling one of the combat roles (Borg suggest Phalyanx).

For those who are interested in knowing where I've been and what I've been doing these last months (who don't already know), here's the scoop ... and if you're not interested, stop reading now hehehe  :D

Since around April of 2001 I had been unemployed and living on my own in an apartment ... I had cable, and I was happy. However, being unemployed quickly catches up to you, and I quickly went through my savings and ran up some nasty credit card debts. By the end of august, I had finally found a new job I like, thanks to a friend of mine ... a lab tech for Lenscrafters at a nearby mall. At this same time, I moved back in with my parents, after a generous offer to help me get back on my feet financially. In doing so, I paid off all my debts, and even found the money to get a new car, a 2001 Jeep Wrangler!

Around November, a few friends of mine (my D&D group) had started to play Asheron's Call ... and I decided to give it a try. And I loved it ... at first. Since I had plenty of time off around Christmas time, I was able to play practically all day long in most cases, just like I used to be able to before. However, once  I went back to a normal work schedule, I played less and less, at least compared to most of my companions, who surpassed me soundly in level. And towards the end of my AC career, I grew more distant, until I spent all my time playing solo ... not fun in a MMORPG ... and so, at the request and nagging of a RL friend, who ironically enough didn't even LIKE UO at first, I reactivated my account with the intent of playing on and off. Of course, after finding many DID indeed still play UO and took time off of DAoC to play, my urge to play has risen again! And tonight, after talkign with Borg and 'Tok .... well, the rest is history to be made!

It's good to be back, everyone! I missed all of ya! Please drop me a line on ICQ so I can get up and running again.

Prometheus, Senator of Arcane (wanderer no longer ) :D

Glad to have you back Prom!

One thing to remember, the friendships you have forged in PGoH are made of tempered steel.  You will always have friends among us, even if we venture to other lands and games.

:D