Lamp Post "Exploit" solution

Winter Wind

from stratics:

As many of you may have heard over the last few weeks, there is currently a "technique" used in Dungeon Doom that takes advantage of game mechanics in the Lamp Post Room. Thanks to GM Platinum, we now of an official statement on OSI's stance on the issue. Here is what was posted earlier today in our moderated Announcements Forum:

We know players have had concerns about the lamp post room in the Dungeon Doom, and we wanted to clarify for everyone that we do not consider logging out in the lamp post room to be appropriate. The intention of the room is to remove players after completing their time there, and circumventing the spirit of that design is an abuse of the game mechanics. GMs may be called upon to take action when reports of this “technique” come to us, but please know that we will not take any actions without first considering all the circumstances. In some instances, a warning may be used to educate the player on why this “technique” is inappropriate behavior, although, as always, there may be circumstances that dictate the action be more significant.

The GMs are working with the Dev team to see if there is anything than can be done to reduce the impact of this problem. Players that wish to make suggestions on how to improve the game are often referred to the message boards by the GMs. Having players post their comments on these boards helps to assist the Development Team in determining the priority of a particular issue. We appreciate your cooperation with this.

Please also note that our staff is unable to comment on specific actions taken against players. We strive to be consistent and fair whenever someone is found violating the TOS or ROC. We currently use an ISO 9001 certified quality control process to help ensure that the GMs treat everyone equally. When a GM actions a player, the incident is automatically reviewed for consistency as part of our quality control process. We are striving to improve the overall quality of our support services and appreciate your patience as we work to serve you better.

So there you have it. If you would like to discuss it further, make sure to click on the "Comment On This" button at the top of this news article.

I think what they are trying to tell us is that it is considered an exploit to log out in the lamp room and log in only to snatch it. I can agree with that. I also think they are saying "Page a GM when you know this is happening." Of course with the wait lines it would take to long for a GM to get there. If a GM shows up they will first consider all of the circumstances. Which I think means the exploiter will have a pretty decent chance to talk their way out of it.

Oh well. There is the news and my opinions. Make what you will of it.