AutoMap Problems

Winter Wind

Ok, I have been playing with the UO Auto Map and it's chat feature lately.

Something I have noticed is that when multiple people begin chatting it becomes a hassle to play. Nothing like trying to run from something pounding you into the ground and all of a sudden the chat box comes up.

I was thinking of times during a large guild hunt, the leaders of the different parties should be the only ones using the chat feature. To prevent everybody's screen from getting the message the following can be done: (taken from uoam.net)

If you want to send a message directed at a single player, type the first few letters of the player's name, followed by the greater than symbol (>), followed by the text of your message. For example: Bel>Hello. would send the message "Hello." to me if I were linked to your UOAM server.

This is just an idea. As always, I am open to ideas, suggestions, and criticism.

Edited by Winter Wind

Was not aware of that. I do not have UO Assist. To be honest with you, I just never saw enough in it to warrant the $15. But that's just my opinion. Heck, my opinions and 75 cents aren't enough to buy coffee these days.

But, thanks for the info. Might rethink my UOA stance.

UOAssist Has helped my life immensely. You can set drink pot macros, record multiple action macros, a self bandage macro, instant arm/disarm set weapons and armor,know how much weight you have free without that monster status bar, and more.

Being able to switch weapons with only 2 buttons pressed is a lifesaver. Ever beenfighting something thats undead and youre using silver, something else comes thats not undead and slaughters you because youre using a silver weapon while youre searching your bag? Not to mention the ability to put your entire outfit on at the touch of a button after youve died, be able to record complex macro lists, have it show at the top how many arrows, bolts, regs, bandages, tithing points, gold, weight, hp, mana, stamina, cures, heals, refresh pots, and AR. I would probably have paid $30 if they had decided to charge that much. The ONLY disadvantage to paying the $15 is that it only works for one account. you have to buy another if you have 2 accounts, but if you play each you will probably earn that money back in game with a million gold=30 bucks and its a one time payment, no installments, and no additional charges. And the UOALoop gives you a constant macro. If you dont already have it, I urge you to get it.

Lets see...not having to stop and dbl clik a potion...bandage self...thats 15 $ all day!!! then the disar/arm...it keeps attemting even if you push it to fast it keeps going till the proper time has acured...UOAsisst is definately worth the 15 bucks!