Restitution III

Steel DarKnight

Ah, but there's a method here. There are a number of wearables that can have magical properties--typically armor pieces--and the listed gift clothing items were chosen because they don't take up the same slots when worn. In this way, if you wanted to wear your gift sandles, for example, you won't have to sacrifice your favorite magical armor-legs in order to do so--you'll be able to wear both the leg pieces and the sandles.

Later that same day: Some players have been asking about hats, wondering why they weren't included in the gift-wearable list. The reason explained above is the same reason as to why hats weren't included in the list. (Hats would take up the same slots as helmets.)

=========

Sannio

Online Content Coordinator, UO

Origin Systems

In reply to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unless of course, your favorite armor piece is plate legs, then you cant wear any footwear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plate legs actually take up the "pants" slot, and you should still be able to wear actual footwear in conjunction with plate legs.

=========

Sannio

Origin Systems

In reply to:

Why couldn't we have been given a list to vote on?

Actually, we at OSI started several long-running threads where we invited gift idea suggestions, and after revisions and continued player feedback, these are the items we felt were appropriate for the game & situation, and presented a good reflection of player requests.

=========

Sannio

Origin Systems

In reply to:

Can anyone explaim me? that rose is the wispering rose?

Why something thats suposed to be a gift need to nerf others items and $?

Like me thousands of players bought roses and wasnt free...why nerf old item if there are THOUSANDS of unused items that could be used for that purpose?

The new rose won't be exactly the same, if only for the different name it will have. (As for using alternate items, it may be interesting to note that the whispering rose itself is actually based off one of the mandrake art pieces.)

=========

Sannio

Origin Systems

In reply to:

Sannio, if i use the + 5 now, can i use a +25 later for a total of 255? or will the +25 only bring me to 250, like the current +5's work.

As it stands right now, only this new +5 Stat Scroll gift would allow the possibility of breaking the 250 barrier.

=========

Sannio

Origin Systems

In reply to:

So then if we use a +5 Stat Scroll now, and get a +20 Stat Scroll in the future, would the maximum still be 255, or would using the +20 Scroll later negate that and stop at 250?

The short of it: The existing champion spawn stat scrolls aren't cumulative, but the new +5 bonus scroll is. If you have both champion spawn stat scrolls and a +5 stat scroll gift, I would recommend using the +5 stat scroll gift after you've determined that character won't be using any more champion spawn stat scrolls.

The longer version: Think of the champion spawn stat scrolls not so much as "+5," "+10," "+15," "+20," and "+25" but instead as "new cap of 230," "new cap of 235," "new cap of 240," "new cap of 245," and "new cap of 250," respectively.

Think of the new "+5" stat scroll literally as a "+5 bonus to your stat cap."

This means if your current cap is at 225 and you use the +5 stat scroll gift, you maximum possible stats cap will go up to 230. Then using a champion spawn stat scroll of +20 will change your stat cap to 245--remember, a +20 stat scroll is actually a.k.a. a "new cap of 245."

If your timetable and resources allow, my recommendation would be to first use your champion spawn stat scrolls, and then--once you feel you won't be using any more champion stat scrolls on that character--use the +5 stat scroll gift scroll.

And, of course, the best bonus can come into play if you've already used a +25 stat scroll to achieve a 250 stat cap and then use the +5 stat scroll gift to exceed the normal limit and achieve a 255 stat cap.

=========

Sannio

Origin Systems

In reply to:

Sannio, since you are answering questions, I'll ask mine again. When will we know what the possible phrases to put on gift items will be and what colors will be available?

It's true that we haven't yet announced the phrases or colors, but I don't have an official list for you at this time.

I'm going to take a little chance here and suggest that we might still be open to suggestions for some of the phrases and colors. Suggestions for phrases should be fairly short (as in probably 3-6 words) and may somehow connect with the "Age of Shadows" theme (but this isn't a necessity)--and of course be appropriate as per our service rules. :smash: If you have a couple of nicely worded phrases in mind, I'd love to hear them. I can't gurantee that these suggestions (or exact suggestions) will be used, but any recommendations that seem appropriate for this gift item will be forwarded on to the rest of team.

=========

Sannio

Origin Systems

In reply to:

when do we get these items?

We're still working on some of the finer points right now, and there's still a few tweaks that need to be finalized and published before the gifts can be completed. I apologize, but I'm going to have to be a little vague: The items won't be finished within a few days, but the current plan is to not have to wait months before these gift items enter into the game. We'll keep everyone updated on the progress of these gifts.

=========

Sannio

Origin Systems