Came Across This ...

Elathiel

Checking out another game in development, I came across someone actually bringing back this idea  ::alcoholic::

"Death and PermaDeath. What is it?

Death happens whenever your character is killed by a monster, NPC or player. This is not a permanent death situation, but rather one that returns you to your bind point.

Permanent death of the character

Forced PermaDeath is a rare happening and usually will come about after the user chooses to place him or herself into a situation that can bring about PermaDeath. It can come about in a number of ways such as battles with gods or going on quests that have the risk of PermaDeath associated with them.

Characters will age. After an estimated time of 500 hours (this number being subject to change), a character will be considered "aged" and die of natural causes.Factors such as critical wounds received in battle over the character's lifetime will effect a character's life span. After PermaDeath, if your character cannot be resurrected, you have the option of creating a new character or playing your blood-line child as your new character."

*laughs* I know, I felt the same way while reading it. Every part I read about I get more drawn into this game being my next stop. It has the elements that keep me coming back to UO, sets it in an EQ-type world, throws in the empire building that SB is based on and has a thorough crafting system. Add all these things up (and much more) and I see a very well-built game. However, its far too early to tell of course. The one good thing that I know so far, though, is that the developers of this game actually post on the message boards and activly participate in discussions to make sure they are doing what the community wants. I knew a company would break down and do that some day haha.

I'll keep you all posted on my thoughts. Beta begins next week. I've never been in the beginning of a beta, so I'm looking forward to seeing a game 1/2 finished. Oh wait, thats right, I've already gone thru that when Anarchy Online launched  :smash: