BOD reward idea

Prometheus

I first read about this idea on the Catskills forum on Stratics, and have taken a liking to it.

When (if?) the carpentry BOD system goes in, a possible high end reward could be a BOD filing cabinet! Have it count as a normal secure in your house, same item limit (125 BODs), but have compartments, drawers, or whatever, sorted by color (for smithing ore types, indicated by a colored gem) or material type (indicated by gumps of the appropriate leather/cloth type)

At the moment, I have my personal BODs sorted this way, by using pouches inside backpacks, organized by color and material type ... while this makes for an easy to understand system that quickly helps me locate BODs of the proper color and material, I do have to waste space inside the backpack with the individual pouches, which unfortunately, count as 1 item each.  The BOD cabinent would have those same compartments, only having them not count as items inside the overall cabinent, saving space and allowing you to store more BODs in an organized fashion.  

These would be a high end reward, and there would be a different cabinet for each BOD type, i.e. smithing, tailoring, carpentry, and who knows what else (tinkering, inscription, fletching?)  

What does everyone think?

Works for me! I believe BOD storage is a issue that requires addressing urgently. The BOD system has been a major success for UO adding some life back to trade skills. Unfortunetly the combinations and dificulties of filling a LBOD create the need to hold alot of BODS. Without a large tower for storage you can run out of room rather quickly.

I like the idea of a cabinet with drawers, compartments or whatever but I think they should be craftable not as a reward. They could make a different piece of furniture for each profession and set it up accordingly or let you modify it to your needs. Anyways they need to add some different furniture choices.

Now with the BOD issue the biggest problem I see is the amount of space it takes for them. If you only have a small house you can use up all your space real quick as we all know. So my suggestion would be since a BOD is a type of scroll why not make a book similiar to a spell/rune book. You could put a set number of BODS in the book and have the ability to remove them when necessary. You could name the books just like you do the rune books so that way everything is sorted.