Blizzcon Live Stream Preorders

Holyssa

http://blizzcon.rayv.com/Pages/en/FAQ.aspx

Blizzard is taking pre-orders for the Blizzcon Live Stream. I figure I'd post this because I know our guild (and it's amazing friends) has some die-hard pet collectors out there. $40 doesn't sound bad, considering how horrendous Ebay prices tend to be for these things...

For footage of Grunty, go here: http://www.wowtcgloot.com/gruntys_rifle.htm

FAQ

What is BlizzCon?

BlizzCon is a celebration of the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo franchises and the communities that surround them. This two-day event will contain Q&A panels featuring Blizzard Entertainment developers, social events for players and developers to meet one another, and hands-on gameplay featuring your favorite Blizzard Entertainment games.

BlizzCon 2009 pay per view Internet stream

Through a partnership with DIRECTV, BlizzCon 2009 will for the first time be streamed live via the Internet, letting Blizzard Entertainment enthusiasts from around the world who are unable to attend the convention in person experience it from home. The Internet stream will deliver a minimum of eight hours of coverage from the show floor on each day of BlizzCon, including the opening ceremony, main-stage presentations, exclusive interviews, demos, tournament coverage, and more.

I am not a DIRECTV customer; can I order the Pay Per View Internet stream?

Yes, a DIRECTV subscription is NOT necessary to order the Pay Per View Internet stream. It is available for a purchase price of $39.95 USD (international pricing and availability may vary) and includes both days of the event.

If I order the BlizzCon 2009 Pay Per View Internet stream, will I receive the BlizzCon-exclusive World of Warcraft in-game pet?

Yes, if you purchase the Pay Per View Internet stream, you will receive the BlizzCon 2009 exclusive pet, Grunty the Murloc Marine. An email containing a code for the pet and redemption instructions will be sent 6 to 8 weeks after the event.

Please note that the BlizzCon 2009 World of Warcraft in-game pet is not available in all regions. Only players on World of Warcraft realms in North America (including those serving players in Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand), Europe, and Korea, are eligible to receive the pet. Pet redemption will require a World of Warcraft account to be merged with Battle.net account.

When can I order the BlizzCon Pay Per View Internet stream?

You can order the Internet stream starting on June 23, and it will be available for purchase through August 22.

What information do I need to provide to order the Internet stream?

You will need to provide a valid email address, payment information, and billing information.

Can I purchase the Pay Per View Internet stream if I live outside of the United States?

The BlizzCon Pay Per View Internet stream will be available for purchase in multiple regions around the world. Pricing and availability may vary, so please check back for more information as the ordering date gets closer.

Do I need to download anything to view the live stream?

You can either download a high-quality RayV Video Player from the Internet stream site or watch the Internet stream in your browser using RayV's Flash player. Supported browsers currently include: Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, Safari 3 and above, and Firefox 2 and above.

What are the system requirements to view the live stream?

PC Requirements:

* Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4GHz or Intel Core 1.6GHz (SSE2-enabled processor required for AMD systems) or higher

* Microsoft Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Windows Vista

* 512MB of RAM

* Graphics card with 28MB of RAM.

* 50MB of available hard-disk space for installation

* Microsoft DirectX-compatible sound card and display adapter

Mac Requirements:

* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher

* Safari 3 or Firefox 3 browser or higher

* Any Mac with Intel CPU

* 512MB ir RAM (recommended but not required)

* Flash Player 9.0.28.0 or higher

What are the minimum bandwidth requirements for the viewer?

You will need a broadband connection such as DSL or cable with at least 1Mbps download bandwidth.

How many computers can I watch the live stream on?

The Internet stream can only be viewed on one computer at a time, per order.

I purchased the BlizzCon 2009 Pay Per View event on DIRECTV; do I have to pay for the Pay Per View Internet stream?

No, the Internet stream is included for free in your DIRECTV Pay Per View event purchase. You will need to provide your DIRECTV account number and credit card when you attempt to view the Internet stream to verify your eligibility. Free Internet stream viewing is limited to one stream per account.

Hey guys! Just to add to this post really quick, MLG has recently added WoW to there list of games in competition. Every 2 months or so (something like that) they hold the tournaments, and its 3v3 arena gametype. I thought it was really cool to watch last time they had it up. I didn't know if anyone would be interested in watching it, but if you are, you can go to mlgpro.com. It is completely free to watch, you can watch the previous broadcasts of the last tournament, plus you can check the up coming broadcasts of the live streams. Just thought i would throw it out there to anyone interested. Take care!

Edited by Xenojin