Some new smithing BOD rewards

Along with publish 16 comes a few new smithing rewards for BODs.

Powder of temperment:

Increased durability for armor and weapons made using it.  Aquired thus far by some small bods usually of some color.

Prospector's Tool:

May be used on a minable spot to upgrade by one level the color of ore mined.  It may not be used multiple times on the spot to go from iron to valorite.  It is not a permanent change.  It does not cause Ore Elementals to spawn from the use of it like its kin the Gargoyle's Pickaxe does.  Another benifit is a miner will be able to predetermine what ore can be gathered from a spot rather than picking at it first.

All in all I think smiths will be happy with these two additions!

To bad you can't dye the armor a different color, simply because valorite will be the best out there AR wise. Orcs can't use Valorite, only Iron. Some elves only use the colors that go with their nature... (green for mother earth, and blue for father sky).

That would be nice.  Allow GM Miners to mix colors with ore as its smelted.  The ore might then be colored but still retain the name valorite ingots or shadow ingots although colored.

Also for those interested in seeing a chart on BOD rewards and what you need in order to revcieve various rewards here is a nice little site I came across.

Smithing Bod Rewards

Ok, this is a long one, so bear with me, but it will give you the skinny on these spiffy new toys that ea is givin us smiths.  ???

Powder of temperment-  To understand this one you must understand a little bit of the technical info on smithing.  When an item is made (weather armour or weapon) It is given a base durability.  From here all of its stats are affected by what percent of that duability the item is at.  Say an item has a durability of 50 at creation.  As the item is used, the durabilty slowly drops, affecting its preformance.  Say a GM weapon offers exceptional damage, say +5.  When the durablitiy of the item reaches 40, it now will only give +4 damage.  Accuracy and in the case of armour are both on this same scale.  Now then, when you repair an item, you restore its durability, thus making it useful again, but 1 point of its durability is irreperably lost.  So now the same item that started at 50 has a durability of 49, but its BASE durability is still considered 50.  This means that an item, no matter how well cared for and maintained WILL eventually wear and break, no matter what.  What powder of temperment does is restore a small ammount of its durability UP TO the BASE level.  So the item can never exceed its natural potential at creation, but it can in theory be perpetually be kept at peak efficency as though unused.

Prospectors Tool-  The prospectors tool is a simple item that comes with 50 charges.  To use it, simply dclick it and select an area that normally can be mined.  It will then reveal to you the highest possable ore obtained at this location.  Example one:  you use the tool on an area that yeilds only iron ore. It will quickly tell you that iron ore can be found at this spot.  Example 2:  You use the tool on an area that can yeild Valorite ore.  It will tell you valorite ore, no matter what, and dispite the fact that iron can be found here.  What the point of this item if you can already do this with a pickaxe?  Simple, even a grandmaster miner can hit a val spot and get nothing but iron, im sure ive done it dozens of times.  By useing the prospectors tool on an area, you receive concreate proof of what can be found there, and need not conscern yourself with weight while "search mining."  (*search mining is a method of runnin around mining and marking runes so as to obtain a full runebook of one color ores locations.)  I personally look forward to this one!

Welp, I hope this info is useful to smiths and BOD hunters alike, both rewards are fairly low end and will be easy to obtain, but fyi, I will be buyin prospectors tools as fast as you can sell em to me for a while, im looking to finish my ore rune library.   :smilewinkgrin: