Rank

horatio-kennedy

The concrete details are something we need to work out. I can say this much- I hope to have two different ranks, your basic military rank for the Navy players, and a separate, less formal, system for the Shipping and Privateering sector of the guild.

So yeah, everyone but me at this point has said they will play navy, so expect Jonathan to work out the details of that, I'm not terribly familiar with the military progression of rank in the british navy :)

I wouldn't get too worked up over rank. If you don't start an officer, then in time, provided you stick with it and show you are good for the job, you'll become one.

At first, it's basically gonna come down to how dedicated you are, and how much effort you can give toward promoting and developing the guild.

Maybe not so much rotate as much as continue to expand, with our officer base.

Expect the officer's position to be one that anyone can reach, provided they put forward the right effort, but really all it affords you is the ability to invite new people to the guild. Naturally, to be allowed this, you must understand the workings of the guild, to know if the person you are looking at inviting fits.

Everyone should be able to grasp what to look for in a new recruit after Jon and I run through what we want to turn the guild into, and the kind of atmosphere we're looking for.

Archived