A little history of Lan's Life

Lan

I can not remembered if I cried that day, the day my Mother, Sienus, died.

I stared at my mother as she was taking her last few breathes, her body twisted into positions that a body never should have been possible. I heard as I cowered underneath the tavern floor, the sound of her flesh tearing and I almost lost my insides but held back knowing that it meant certain death for me.

As my mother screamed in agony, my heart and head ached, but I looked straight into her eyes through the floor boards as I finally heard the Orc legion gurgling in their language to fall back to their camp.

I carefully made my way back upstairs through the loose floor boards in the left hand corner. I knelt besides mother and a grasped her hand, or what was left of it. Minutes seems like ages right at that time, and felt like I lived and died 20 times during this span. Anger welled up in me as well as hatred. I grabbed the first weapon I could find, which was a spear, and started pacing back and forth in my mothers tavern. Suddenly a slight breeze touched my cheek and I turned to the left and saw an orc pawn charging towards me. I raised my spear and prepared for battle.

The orc was holding a rusty short sword. He raised his sword and took a quick slash by my head, I moved my spear quickly to the left to block the oncoming attack. Sparks flew as the sword came in contact with the edge of my spear, I threw his sword to the floor and raised my spear and stabbed him right in the stomach. The orc let out a dull roar as he tried to remove my spear from his rib cage, but to no avail. He was dead, just like everything else around me at this moment in my life.

I cannot recall most of my feelings at this time or what really happened next. I think this is a process that I used to eliminate this part of my life. However, I do remember the grave. As I first exited my mothers tavern, death was the only thing to be seen. People and children were lying dead everywhere. Babies were still buring in the center fire pit, limbs were ripped from mothers trying to save their children. Why was I the only one spared this horrible turn of fate? The next thing I knew was that I was digging….just digging a huge grave for my family and village. It must have been hours later, into the late twilight of the new moon, until I saw anything living. What I saw, I will never forget for it saved my existence in this world. I could make out half a dozen shadows creeping through the smoke still rising from burning huts. 4 women and 2 men came into view suddenly and without word, the men took the shovel from my hands and had the women carry me off as they finished burrying the dead. These people became my family, my new sisters and brothers. They gave my life purpose again. The sisters taught me to read and write as well as some dabbling in mystical ways. The brothers taught me about HONOR and courage and the will to survive. Years went by as I learned the way of the sword. Skills to be used in the art of war and the mastery of ones inner being to prevail over evil. The sisters also schooled me in the ways of virtues. I was taught about all the virtues in the land but HONOR prevailing above all else. I was happy with my new friends but something was still amiss.

I woke on that day of my 18th birthday to quiet. There was no one to be found and I was alone again. As I began to pack my belongings, I noticed a glimmer of silver lying on a chair in the corner. On this sword was a note saying “ May the light guide your life and this silver sword guide your hand. Strength and Honor Brother” These words are something held very dear to me and this sword my prized possession. I left that day in search of something pure and good again. Years have passed by and I’ve yet to find my brothers or sisters who gave new life to me. I have however stummbled upon a great empire in a new land. The Purple Guardians of Honor hath accepted me into their ranks. When I discovered their saying “Strenght and Honor” it gave me hope to find out what happened to my brothers and sister. Till then, I have new brothers and sisters upon who I may rely on and they can rely on me. Tis a strange feeling but I feel this is where I have always belonged. STRENGTH AND HONOR!!!