The Core Contingency, 5-10-06

Alhazad

Big wins last night... grats to everyone for clearing up to (and including) Shazzrah.

And grats to Gromit for getting one half of the Windseeker bindings.

Friday night should be interesting... :)

Oh yes it should...I say time permitting we send people back to get the water to summon Domo. The only catch with that is getting to the rune where Mags is...Not sure if a rogue can stealth there and then be summoned, but it would be worth a shot!

Well guys... that was an AWESOME night. Even for our wipe we still were able to get done what needed to be done! the Geddon and Shazzrah fight was a little helterskelter and we gotta remember to let new people know what to do ::apologizes to Ziddi::

Great job Vani.. and sorry about my bein quiet last night... Allergies are really making my life a living hell. Headed off to dah drug store now to get some stuph to clear me up without knocking me out :)

Wooooooogaaaaaaaah

Actually Hu... I was thinking of putting a soulstone on a Shaman or a priest... having them bubble then run like hell through the imps to Mags Chamber... then having the person die, douse the rune then get summoned back :)

Since we have cleared Shazz... we have 2 more bosses until Major Domo!

Rags... here we come!

Everyone read up on the Sulfuron and the Domo fight! The Crushers, The Ani and our Dear Friends are coming for you Rags!

Yeah sorry I had to go to my daughters soccerr game, oh well. I guess I wont bother signing up next week, or camping outside the core. I cancelled my signup for Friday, so you can go ahead and fill my spot for then too. I'm gonna go back to PvPing for a while, I feel more useful there anyway.

Edited by Chrysalia

I must say that I'm very happy with Gromit getting the Bindings. Since MC started he was always the first one to pass on warrior stuff to get me and Alhazad geared, and he was always like "I just want a weapon... Might is not good for pvp... I just want a weapon"... And I was always hoping for a OEB, and then the Binding drop!

Let's now continue "farming" the Core and hope he can get the left side, and then he will sure count with my help to complete the weapon :)

And we are doing very good at the Core.

Hey, if we don't make it to Domo, we'll always get him next week. ;) No need to rush things... we're doing really well as it is. :)

If we down Golemagg and Sulfuron and still need something to do, we can always hit Onyxia if people are attuned and/or haven't downed her already.

But here's hoping we kill Ony tonight!

Edited by Alhazad

Congrats to Gromit as well, I kept teasing him in tells that Garr had a sword, and it looked like the hilt of the Obsidian blade, and so we made a bet. Little did I know!! :)

I felt bad about leaving after Garr, I was completely exhausted and knew I had a busy day today.

I suppose everyone will wait for the other half drops, it may be three weeks (like what happened in the BBQ raid) or it may take 6 Months, but I will volunteer arcanite transmutes whenever needed.

Rel

Very nice job all, hopefully we can match this next week and possibly advance further? ;)

Here's hoping we get Golemagg(Mr. Free Epics), Sulfuron, and Majordomo down! Maybe even get a peak at Rags? :);)

Great run last night for sure! We made better time than ever before and did it with few casualties along the way...which paid off when we got to kill not only Geddon, but Shaz as well. And a huge congrats to Gromit for the Bindings...it'll take a ton of work and luck to finish off that blade, but it'll be worth it :)

Now that the dancing smiley is out of the way, we can start looking ahead towards Friday and the weeks to come. For Friday, Maube's already talking about options for getting the water for summoning Majordomo Executus, which would give us some learning time on that encounter and possibly a shot at Ragnaros (who would've thought we'd be this far so quickly?). Looking forward, we would do well to build on last night's success and make it a goal to down Shaz every Wednesday night. This will give us more time on Friday to work through the Sulfuron, Majordomo, and Rags fights. We proved last night that we could handle picking up the pace, so I'm confident that we can be drifting into Rags' room within a week or two...

Great job to everyone and, being the analytical person that I am, I can't help but be proud of how much this raid has gotten accomplished. Thinking back to our first issues with Lucifron and looking at last night...fantastic progress in a short amount of time and, most importantly, we haven't forgotten to have fun along the way ;) Keep up the great work!

I am just blown away by our progress... and Odenn said it right...

"does anyone remember when Luci used to give us major trouble?"

Unfortunatly, coming up you will be without your fearless leader for a lil bit.. Wedding/Honeymoon For Katak and Maube... But I have full faith in you all =)

Before Summer... Rags will be our ######!

Unfortunatly, coming up you will be without your fearless leader for a lil bit.. Wedding/Honeymoon For Katak and Maube... But I have full faith in you all =)

*Gasps* Well...congrats on the wedding/honeymoon? :)

Hopefully we can get working on moving through to Rags before ya go... we'll miss ya! ;)

Yep, we should plan on at least attempting Ragnaros if we can go ahead and summon Domo tomorrow...might as well get our feet wet, and who knows? With the way things have been going the last two weeks, who is to say that we can't down him? :)

I say one word... Wooogaaaah!

Ok maybe more than one word. Loads of fun, great run etc. etc.. that has been already expressed. I'll have to read myself up on the remaining bosses so as not to get myself killed too often :)

Oh yes it should...I say time permitting we send people back to get the water to summon Domo. The only catch with that is getting to the rune where Mags is...Not sure if a rogue can stealth there and then be summoned, but it would be worth a shot!

I'll test and see if I can stealth run there today, Hu.

Congrats to Gromit as well, I kept teasing him in tells that Garr had a sword, and it looked like the hilt of the Obsidian blade, and so we made a bet. Little did I know!! :)

I felt bad about leaving after Garr, I was completely exhausted and knew I had a busy day today.

I suppose everyone will wait for the other half drops, it may be three weeks (like what happened in the BBQ raid) or it may take 6 Months, but I will volunteer arcanite transmutes whenever needed.

Rel

A bunch of us are going to be Grom's transmute bots when the other half drops. Sadly, that's the easy part of getting Thunderfury... ;)

Guest Ziddi

I apoligize for my lack of response when I was the bomb, during intense fights like Geddon I was hitting a sweet 3.5 frames per second. To rectify this I ordered a new computer that I should get the 19th:

Dell XPS 600 Pentium® D Processor 930 with Dual Core Technology (3.0GHz, 800FSB)

T930H

[222-1410]

Memory 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2 DIMMs

2GB52

[311-5025]

Video Cards 512MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GTX

NV7900

[320-4781]

Apologies to anyone I may have wiped out, I had been meaning to get a new computer for awhile and that unforunate indicent kicked me in gear. Dabu for all the experience and knowledge, next time I will be 1000% more prepared.

Ziddi

Wow Ziddi! That's a nice machine you're getting there! :)

No worries...I had my share of complete lock ups for a while there and finally have them mostly under control. ;)

No worries...I had my share of complete lock ups for a while there and finally have them mostly under control. :)

Quit lying, Huato...you're just making excuses for being Mr. Facedown >:L Hehehehe

I'm glad that you had mentioned the lag problems earlier that night, Ziddi...when I saw that you were the bomb, I immediately moved sideways and away just in case you were still having the problems, and I noticed several others doing the same. In fact, that worked out very well for me on a few occasions with many people...since we got a bit too close to the wall several times.

Lag happens in MC during many of the fights and some people are worse off than others in that respect, so we all understand when stuff like that happens. In the end, we cleaned Geddon's clock, so who cares anyway :dancing_smile: You did very well in there, especially considering the framerate problems!