Homeward bound

Volonazra

He stood before the dark portal. His apprentices were in the midst of performing the portal opening ritual. Surrounding him were the Skullcrusher Clan and other cherished friends. He knew these were his last moments on Azeroth. As the ancestors had shown him in the visions.

For a moment, his mind was flooded with the images the ancestors blessed him with. The wisdom of the ancestors had led him, and thus the clan, this far. But the scene before him was the end of the visions. For this reason Volonazra had been recently obsessed with finding some lost relics. Legends and folklore pieced together over some time lead him to a few dusty tomes and scrolls. Volonazra had studied these ancient works and writtings of Thrall had confiscated from the shadow council that dealt with portal magics. Volonazra had a theory that with the proper ritual if performed perfectly would be able to reopen a slight hole in the portal to Draenor. It was possible that he could squeeze through and prepare the way for the clan to join him. He made a plan. For the time was fast approaching, and the visions had never been wrong.

Volonazra'z day dream was disolved by the loud squak of a rather large crow that had perched upon the portal. The crow looked down as the goings on below and shook his feathers. Setting his mind to the task at hand, he gave a final salute the the clan and turned toward the swirling vortex. He approached and the hum of the ritual chanting rose to a crescendo. Reaching outward the very fabric of the nether resisted. Prying and pushing he forced a larger opening and squeezed through fighting the fierce winds rushing outward.

The apprentices were exhausted. There were mixed emotions upon the faces of the gathered witnesses. Mounts and the hunters animals were anxious. The crow took flight, circled over head a few moments, and flew off toward the horizon. The gathering of people heard whispers upon the thunder there in the Blasted lands. The words were: heed his legacy.

Vol- it saddens me to see you leaving. I know, it is just a game. Benim knows this better than anyone; my RL obligations are vast. I derive pleasure from having a hobby that allows me to combine 2 things-gaming and socializing. The reason WOW remains a great joy to me is the knowlegde that I can escape to a world and relax with some fellow gamers. Crushers; not just gamers, but truly wonderful people who I get to spend some time goofing, playing and journeying with. I literally have a tear in my eye writing this- your comradarie and leadership during my past year has been great. Brother, I hope that the powers above repay your kindness and devotion with happiness and health. You, Vol, have truly been exemplary in guiding the Crushers to where we are today. I will miss you.

Your vision for the Crushers has been achieved; a prosperous, mature, and family oriented guild that one can be proud to be part of. A guild that not only is filled with great peeps; but one that has a heart and soul. We have reached the beginning of the end-game material that we all dreamed of from the beginning. This, my friend, is because of you. You can truly walk away and be proud of what you accomplished.

Vol has stepped through the vortex to a new day-what new adventures await him?? A journey like this will eventually find it's end. Hhehheh- my hope remains, though. Sometimes, fate has a way of bringing friends together again for just one more adventure. Vol- I hope that Benim, and all Crushers, will meet with you in the future and share in this one last adventure. James, we salute you!!!

Edited by muru

"Da Warchief's tower is empty?"

*stares blankly*

(The young warrior stands silently, imagining what colossal events the chief could be battling with. Feeling the void from where kind support and wisdom once came.)

*wipes down her sword's edge*

Dat uki, we be fine.

*walks over and puts arm around Benim*

*shivers* (Feeling uneasy from the chill coming from the shadows.)

As Huato and Zuato watched as the warchief entered the portal, feelings of emptiness and apprehension flooded them. They knew that the loss to the clan was great, and the friendship, leadership, and wisdon of Volonazra would be missed and leave a void for some time to come.

They also knew that he had created a self sustaining clan that would last and persevere under the harshest of conditions, and that he would always be in the souls of those he encountered. The Earthmother told them both that he would always be around to guide them in at least spirit form, and that one day the Dark Portal would be re-opened and the chance to be reunited with the Orc that brought them into the service of the Horde for at least a short time.

In honor of their chief, they had crafted a totem from the finest wood, feathers, and animal pelts that they could find from Mulgore and planted it firmly in front of the portal for all to see as is their tradition.

May the Earthmother watch over you and your family Volonazra. The clan and your friends will miss you. We will find you again, whether it be on this side of the portal or the other.

As Volonazra prepared to pass through the portal, Chrysalia stood there in disbelief.

"First my dah and now dis!" she yelled.

She closed her eyes and tried to remove herself from the din that was all around her, inside her head.

"Sprits guide meh, show meh where mah cheef be goin"

Using the Shamanistic technique her father had taught her she began to chant her own meditation, quietly, calmly, and the noise of the opening ritual began to become a ringing in her ears. The vision came slowly, she could only make out shapes in a mist of some kind at first. But as the minutes passed the vision became clearer, she saw the chief Volonazra making his way across a vast openness, the badlands would have seemed like an oasis in this charred wasteland. Storms whipped debris across the chiefs face in torrents, at times he had to lay flat on his belly with his cloak over his face to save from suffocating in the dust.

In the distance she could make out the ruins of a great fortress, as the chief approached she saw what looked like a Horde banner lying on the ground.

"Could it be?" she thought to herself

The chief pressed onward through the blinding dust, as the fortress slowly took shape before him, she could not believe her eyes, it was the biggest thing she had ever seen, a city 10 times the size of Orgrimmar. As he came closer to the fortress she could see signs of life! Fresh bonfires burned outside the gates of the city, a band of 2 battle scarred orcs and a Troll came to meet the chief.

"We've been expectin' ya mon." The troll said to the chief.

"A Troll, in dis place?!" She exclaimed to herself.

"Could it be?" She gasped

The vision began to fade, as much as she tried to fight its leaving she was powerless to stop it.

"No sprits not yet! Let meh see 'is face!" She yelled aloud.

And just like that the vision was gone, she was back at the Dark Portal, the ritual had ended and the chief was no longer in their midst.

The remaining clan members were mulling about, talking of the end of the clan, and such other down hearted feelings.

"Fear not mah friens, the chief will be safe, da spirits has shown me dis" She told them

She proceeded to tell them about her vision, and in the back of her mind, the flame of hope burned ever brighter.

"...an I tink he may have found whar mah parents is" She finished with a smile, and a gleam in her eye.

Edited by Chrysalia

Maube grimaced... the powerful magiks at work were interrupting her studies. With a sad heart, she knew that these magiks were to change her life... for good or ill was yet to be seen.

Muttering an incantation, Maube found herself close to the Dark Portal, watching the one Orc who gave her a chance. The one Orc who gave her a home, who taught her beyond the Horror stories of the Horde. She who was once a bitter enemy, when she was alive, was filled with a purpose thanks to this powerful Orc. Now he was leaving, to return to his people's ancestreal home.

Biting her lip, Maube watched the ritual. Sorrow she had not felt since her rise to the Forsakken, Maube watched. Hands hidden within the folds of her robe. A gust of wind came, and Maube lifted her hands, letting the scrap of parchment flutter from her bloodless fingers.

Upon it scrawled, in her elegant handwriting, "Your Legacy is among us still. The Skullcrushers will find you. For Honor and Glory"

Maube watched the parchment as it rode the wind's current to the gathering at the portal. Startled, she touched her fingers to her cheeks. A dampness rested on her cold flesh... tears she never expected to shed again...

Upon hearing the news, Grimgor Foe-render narrowed his eyes and reflected upon its various meanings. He didn't thank the Initiate that had burst into his small camp, but then he didn't have to. Gracing the Troll with a nod he rose from his perch on the sun-heated rock and tightened his armor. He stowed his axe on his back and called to Gharr, his loyal wolf.

The other Sons noticed, regarding him with silence, the same question evident on all their faces. Grimgor thought at first that he would not tell them -- but they deserved better. "Volonazra will soon leave this world, bound for what I am sure he intends will be Draenor. Though I fear for him, it is not why I go. What is beyond the portal is beyond my reach, and there is much to do yet here."

The Chief of the Sons briefly curled his lip up in a snarl as he gazed grimly out onto the shimmering horizon. "We just became allies, the Skullcrushers and the Sons. The dust hasn't yet settled from the gathering where we made that official. I go to seek him... and possibly their new leaders."

He fell silent.

Pausing to consider his words, Grimgor decided that was enough to say for now. Spurring his wolf, he sped off into the morning light, a wake of dust obscuring his path.

(( Sad to see you go, Volonazra. We share a lot of concerns between our two guilds. I hope that your vision lives on in another. I hope to find you again before you leave for good. ))

Edited by Grimgor

it sadens me to here u leave mon. me was honord to be by ur side during da battles und watch ur back in da dark places mon der be monsters about. *crys on Odenns sholder* best warchife eva! good luck and safe travals der friend!