What would you do if you were UO corperation?

Guest Charlie

Guest Charlie

Lets say you were made the ''ultimate'' UO guru and you could do ANYTHING with Ultima Online.

What would you do,what things would you implement. Arties ,no arties,pking or no?What would you do. Have fun with it. Heres mine.

While i hate pkers i wouldnt rid them from game,i just avoid them so i dont get bothered.But hmm... I would put other ridable pets in like pegasi and be able to ride wyrms and stuff.

Id make it so that there were no arties but crafters could make really awesome stuff,not constantly but sometimes. And make it so that if its a weapon or armor you can enhance it.Staffs,bows,jewelry,anything.

Id put the ablilty to make different species/races (uth and i convod on that one)

And UO would NEVER have guns,it would always stay midevil:)>:0

UO forever!

yes i definately would add more race options. only 2 is sad! like orc and dwarf and more. here is what i would really do *huge grin* make roleplaying manditory for everyone! MUHAHAHA (and force the gms to join in!) MUHAHAHAH! sometimes I think it would be cooler if they didnt have so many shards and just got better servers to run bigger shards =)

Edited by Gabriel

1) leave artifacts in place

2) give all crafters with high enough skill the ability to create items with magical properties. Higher skill, as well as runic tools improve the chances of and potency of properties.

3) adjust the number of levels of runic tool for each crafting skill so that all crafting skills have the same number of runic levels (i.e. currently it is easier to get the highest quality runic sewing kit than the highest quality runic hammer)

4) make all runics come as a result of bods as that system represents what crafters should be doing anyway

5) make a wider variety playable races available. Focus first on giving each race the abilities that befit the race and then balance any that are grossly overpowered. Keep in mind that humans should be the most common playable race, so there should be good reason to play them.

6) Eliminate powerscrolls completely. The game was originally designed around 100.0 skill being the high end, so having higher than that in any combat skill renders high end monsters of the past obsolete and useless.

7) take super speed away from paragons. Instead give them an increase to their skills so they will hit for higher damage and defend themselves more effectively than their lesser brethren.

8) switch faction silver over to a point-based system similar to that currently used by Dark Age of Camelot. Faction members would receive titles based on the total number of points they have ever earned. They can spend points (without lowering their title) to purchase various exclusive items and abilities which would be usable only by the character who earned it.

9) return the old volunteer programs into active status, but with legal safeguards in place to crush anyone who tries to abuse the position.

10) make customer satisfaction the number one goal of the GM team.

11) Improve the alliance system to be more useful and user-friendly

12) add an option to remove your own ability to initiate combat against guildmates and allies. This would decrease the occurence of "friendly fire" incidents on hunts and give more reason for guilds to use the alliance system if they intend to hunt together.

13) change the targeting system so that you no longer HAVE to click on the target. This would make it easier for a player on a 56k connection to target someone on a high speed connection who keeps speeding all over the place.

Edited by Chris

i think they could use better customer service... i think anything you ask they say go to the web site.... maybe a link to where to go on the web site? and the not attack your guild would be an awesome option...

Well, After considering all the changes suggested, here is what I have to add:

Races: More are needed, and fast. The game is primitive in that area. How do they compete with WoW like that?

Humans are more adaptive to, well, almost anything. One way can be (as in a few roleplay systems like D&D and Rolemaster) that humans will have maybe 10-20 more skill points or the others have penalties, with regard to the additions they get for the specific race.

Now for a few things more practical (easy to change), and that will improve some things that really annoy me in the game:

I understand that 'old citizens' have more money. I can accept millionaires and billionairs, who had the time, and built themselves empires. They have huge houses in great locations. I can accept this.

What I can't accept is criminal acts. For me, anyone who uses a bot is a criminal by my standards (excluding golem training, see below***). I just don't understand why the server can't at least randomize each hit of a pickaxe, to be one of the metals, based on the same basic precentage to find. (of course bettered by gargoyle pickaxes and a prospector's tool) for a bot it is the same mining for valorite and for dull copper (besides smelting) and that is not fair. This is before even speaking about the bots themselves. There should be a 'snitch' email to the GODS for those!

Another simple thing about ore: Why can't fighters get it? and by this I mean: how come no monster have items made of metals other than iron? What, Dragons, Demons and Ogre Lords (for example) can't afford dull copper items? gold? valorite? this is also just one number to randomize! Of course I will not expect a headless to have any chance of valorite or even mere dull copper, but I do expect a monster who can bring a Lordly title, to have some slight chance to have items made with any metal.

One more thing for now: Why, a skill important as healing do not have automatic targeting and using of bandies? I don't expect to target all in the backpack, in a game without UO assist, but as many skills are used with in-game macro, so should this important skill!

Can anyone get a GOD by the ears and bring him to watch this series of posts? Borg? Balandar? anyone?

***Golem training: Training with golems and 100% poison weapons is plain stupidity of the developers (sorry, GODS). A monster who is hit in this manner should have the following two options: One is that they see the attacker does no harm to them so they don't defend themselves, thus making the attacker hit 100%, and getting no training, because it is like hitting a still statue. Two is: no matter the attacker does no damage, he should be eliminated.

i agree with the golem training..... it is pretty dumb.... i do disagree with looting valorite and verite... reason is iron/leather can be enhanced (by player smiths/tailors) and others can not...

• 2 weeks later...
i agree with the golem training..... it is pretty dumb.... i do disagree with looting valorite and verite... reason is iron/leather can be enhanced (by player smiths/tailors) and others can not...

About the looting of the better metals, by the same 'rules' that you can never craft, for example, a 30 total defense piece of armor out of iron, but you can find it, an opposite rule can be set that the best armor that can be found as loot will have properties no better than the worst piece a (minimum skill) crafter can make.

Also what about adding the possibility to mark "Item enhanced by..."? could be nice also.