Gearing up Tanks

Maube

Alrighty folks.

I am working on getting Dark Iron Ore for both TB faction but also to make bars.

That being said... I cannot financially also buy the lava and fiery cores needed to make the Dark Iron sets

So PLEASE consider donating a bit to get some Cores purchased so we can make the armor for our tank (provided we ever get around to CHOSING a main main tank =p )

I have enough for about 10 dark iron bars, so 8 more stacks and we can have the breastplate made... since that only requires heart of fire and dark iron ore

Should we also look into what can be done for NR gear for AQ20 as well? I've noticed that prices on NR pieces are starting to climb dramatically now, so it may be wise to investigate sooner rather than later.

Incidentally, Verissi can smelt the dark iron bars if someone wants to hold a pack full of water stacks while that's going on >:L

Should we also look into what can be done for NR gear for AQ20 as well? I've noticed that prices on NR pieces are starting to climb dramatically now, so it may be wise to investigate sooner rather than later.

Incidentally, Verissi can smelt the dark iron bars if someone wants to hold a pack full of water stacks while that's going on >:L

Hehehe... you can be incharge of getting a tank equipped in NR gear then =p I am workin on the fire resist! I am NOT biting off more then I can chew gosh darn it!

Since nature resist is going to become such a biggie, I can craft all three green dragonscale armor pieces. The set only gives 31 nature resistance, but every little bit seems to help. The set bonuses are restore 3 mana every 5 sec and allows 15% of mana regen while casting. But hey, if you like spirit, this is the set for you! It gives 61 to spirit and 25 to stamina for all pieces.

Well... is there a plan to make our so dreamed Crusher MC Raid? Like, I was talking to Vanidi last friday about some points:

1) Is there any will to create a Crusher MC raid?

2) If there is any, will people commited to another raids drop those raids so we can count with them on the Crusher's Raid?

3) We need to equip and train 2 warriors to MT. We have a lot of warriors but not all are interested in tanking, speced protection or trained in tanking bosses and stuff like that.

4) The elders and guildmasters, are willing to endorse a "war effort" to make this raid a reality?

So, if mostly of the above questions is true, we can devise a plan, put people to work on specific things (mining Dark Iron, making money to get lava and fiery cores, researching strategies, leveling the people on the 50-59 levels, convincing Haq to level to 60, etc..). That way, we can say like "well, in two weeks we'll get the MTs geared and all people attunned and equiped best we can, and then we start runnin the raid). We don't need to beat all bosses on the first run, we will die a lot, and we will eventually learn and put the first boss on 'farm status', and that will generate loot and experience, and so on... Until Ragnaros. Then we can move to BWL... It's a long term plan, but well, I would love to do that.

I'm more than willing to do that kind of stuff, I can drop ZG and use all my playing nights to help Maube get the dark iron, or to redirect my money effort to get cores on the AH (aside from Arcane Crystals, my current target). I don't care about getting items or money for me, as long as we can make a Crusher raid, that'll be good and fine. O'course we may have to call people from outside the clan, but with work we can get most of the people from our guild.

On a side note, I use this page to drive my equipment choices: http://wow.azzor.com/279/warrior_equipment.php

We are seriously working on it Green. I have enough ore for 10 dark iron bars. However I cannot afford to buy the Fiery and Lava cores by myself.

Huato and Gordantell have both said they will drop out of Narks MC raid when we can get ours going. Even if we just start with killing the trash mobs, it is a start.

We need to get two tanks geared to the best of our ability so we can get them going with the learning process on the big mobs. We are seriously working on it Green, but three people cannot do it on our own.

Maube and Tazzy are attuned. Once we get this off the ground, Tazz will respec to Holy. What we realy need to do, is get people reading and participating on the forums so they can see we are trying.

*puts my 2 cents in if I can* :D

From your numbers, it seems like you guys can do an MC raid. As for the AQ content- to be honest, most people should be geared in MC stuff before that(from what I've heard), which makes MC more of a priority in my mind. Being able to farm MC for gear for everyone means you can do AQ with ease and hopefully progress to BWL and beyond. Also, maybe work on ZG on days you're not in MC? That place has some great equipment as well- alot of it comporable with MC gear.

Also, this is just so I know what I should do with Mortis ;) (our folks have been pushing the best they can to get to 60) , you think you guys will be doing this stuff by yourselves? Any room for any mortis members? Obviously we'll have about 5 everyday raiders if we can- but if that takes away from your guys' spots, then I'll have to work elsewhere then :)

We have a hard time getting Crushers to commit :)

At least those of us who arent addicted ::coughs::

I am sure there will be Mortis love, as there will be NEvermore Love and love for our other allies in arms =)

We are seriously working on it Green. I have enough ore for 10 dark iron bars. However I cannot afford to buy the Fiery and Lava cores by myself.

Hmmm. Approx. 150g each? Ugh.

But I'm reading a lot about MC lately and to be honest we'll need heavy FR gear only on Baron Geddon and afterwards (I think, not confirmed, but looks like the first bosses doesn't do all that Fire damage). Lava and Fiery Cores drop from common MC elementals. We can start raiding w/o fully FR equiped and use the Cores that'll (hopefully) drop to make sure we don't spend 1K gold getting it from the AH .

Huato and Gordantell have both said they will drop out of Narks MC raid when we can get ours going. Even if we just start with killing the trash mobs, it is a start.

We need to get two tanks geared to the best of our ability so we can get them going with the learning process on the big mobs. We are seriously working on it Green, but three people cannot do it on our own.

That's why I'm asking if the guild, as a whole, want to join the effort. I'll help with anything possible, but it's still being only 4 people.

Maube and Tazzy are attuned. Once we get this off the ground, Tazz will respec to Holy. What we realy need to do, is get people reading and participating on the forums so they can see we are trying.

Then put a message on the Guild's MOTD, ask Vol for a meeting, something like that to drawn attention to the matter. :)

And I'm not pointing fingers or complaining. If I'm passing this idea, sorry, it must be the way that my tooughts get translated badly :\

Hmmm. Approx. 150g each? Ugh.

But I'm reading a lot about MC lately and to be honest we'll need heavy FR gear only on Baron Geddon and afterwards (I think, not confirmed, but looks like the first bosses doesn't do all that Fire damage). Lava and Fiery Cores drop from common MC elementals. We can start raiding w/o fully FR equiped and use the Cores that'll (hopefully) drop to make sure we don't spend 1K gold getting it from the AH .

Actually you can honestly get by to Rags with minimal fire resist gear, if any. Just use shaman totems in each group(obviously you still might have a few deaths on the later trash mobs, but no worries). We can start off if you want by killing trash mobs and getting the MT and OT used to tanking two giants together, facing certain mobs, etc.

I've only ever played healing classes in there... so um... any other ideas would be grand =) problem is... getting a list of people who will show up, say on a wednesday evening to give those trash mobs a try =)

And we HAVE had it on the MOTD, but people dont read it >.<

Actually you can honestly get by to Rags with minimal fire resist gear, if any. Just use shaman totems in each group(obviously you still might have a few deaths on the later trash mobs, but no worries). We can start off if you want by killing trash mobs and getting the MT and OT used to tanking two giants together, facing certain mobs, etc.

Not the MT... I remember trying to get close to Baron Geddon and dying a horrible death :)

I've only ever played healing classes in there... so um... any other ideas would be grand =) problem is... getting a list of people who will show up, say on a wednesday evening to give those trash mobs a try =)

And we HAVE had it on the MOTD, but people dont read it >.<

Erm... I didn't saw it :D

We can try some trash mob clearing, but we would demand 40 people, same. Or we can try to do with less people ;)

Today I'm free to play, but my classes started and I get home only after 9:00PM on normal days... :\

IN my opinion on this, worry about the dark iron bars, but do not waste your money on the fiery cores and what not. These are items that we will be farming in MC. What you spend X amount of gold on in the AH is money that could be given to our tanks for their inevitable repair bills. Just my 2 cents.

Although obviously not a priority compared to the tanks, I'm working on getting the Wizardweave patterns in EPL for any mages that might want some FR pieces. I've been farming on and off for a couple of days and haven't had any drops yet, but I'll keep trying. I'll also do a daily lap or two and look for dark iron nodes in hopes of getting more.

I need to add that fire resist is paramount when fighting Magmadar, and the core/ancient hounds do a tremendous amount of fire damage. One of the tanks forgot to switch from his shadow resist gear back to his fire resist gear before a core hound (trash mob). He went from taking around 200 damage from the breath to over 1400. With that kind of swing on one of the tanks, it would be very difficult to keep them up during even a trash mob fight. Don't underestimate the need for FR in there, especially for the tanks.

We will want a lot of Shadow resist gear for Lucifron, Gehenass, etc too.

We will want a lot of Shadow resist gear for Lucifron, Gehenass, etc too.

No need, honest. During both of these encounters you can position the bosses to do minimal if any damage to the raid as a whole. It's all about boss placement and party placement, and people decursing/cleansing etc.

FR is a must for Rags. FR is a must for the main tank. Otherwise, you can(I know, my alliance guild did) easily do all the encounters without shadow resistance gear and very minimal if no fire resistance gear.

FR is a must for Rags. FR is a must for the main tank. Otherwise, you can(I know, my alliance guild did) easily do all the encounters without shadow resistance gear and very minimal if no fire resistance gear.

I trust Benim's and Tazzy's Heals :D

If we worry too much about the resistances now, we'll never start :rofl:

All of the healers and the main tanks tanking Lucifron are going to be subject to that 5 second magic that does 2k damage if not dispelled immediately. The more Shadow resist we have, the less damage that will do.

Luci does two things- aoe curse, and an aoe magic "curse".

What you do is have the MT, and his group up on the rock balcony fighting Luci, out of LOS of the rest of the raid. Meanwhile the rest of the raid has pulled his two buddies to the back wall and are dispatching them(need another two tanks). The only ones that SHOULD be effected by either of his "aoe curses" is the main tank group- and those can be taken care of by a mage and a paladin running in and out of the little alcove below teh rock balcony to decurse.

Also, the two curses are as follows:

Impending Doom: This is a 2000 point shadow damage DoT. The damage is all done at the end of the 10 second timer not spread out over the 10 seconds. So you should get a priest to remove it quickly and you wont take any damage.

Area Effect Curse: Doubles the cost of abilities before talents are considered. Mage/Druid should remove.

No damage is done during the curse, it's only at the end, hence the "impending" aspect of it. You've got 10 seconds to have a paladin cleanse or a priest dispell magic it. Easy enough.

Mages should be doing nothing but decursing during this fight(using the decursive mod, you can set a "priority" of who you decurse first. Set this for priests and druids and the MT).

Using this setup, you should have again only the main group in Luci's aoe range, and not lose a single person in the fight. Shadow resistance and fire resistance take no role in this encounter.

Agreed, however we don't have Paladins, and priests are usually in short supply, so it's a fun encounter. :rofl:

The priests will have to take care of all those in Luci's range. Once the minions are down it's usually DPS ON for Luci, therefore more people end up in range. What I've personally done is when I get it I run back out of range, bandage once the Impending Doom pops, then go back to spot healing and dps.

Agreed, however we don't have Paladins, and priests are usually in short supply, so it's a fun encounter. :D

LOL shows ya I'm still used to alliance side. Do shamans have a dispell? Honestly don't know much at all about the class =X

Well, if you can get 2 main priests up by the MT group, and then have people move in and out if they can and bandage, it should be a fairly easy encounter even with the impending dooms. Also...because it wasn't said before.....

Do NOT move to the left side of the cave- you can aggro the imps and then there goes the raid! Wipe inc! :rofl:

LOL shows ya I'm still used to alliance side. Do shamans have a dispell? Honestly don't know much at all about the class =X

They have cleanse that can be used to dispell the mind control from the adds, but not the Impending Doom, so we need more priests at the MT :rofl:

And we need 3 tanks.