Charlies rl problems cont.

Guest Charlie

Guest Charlie

I would like to ask the guild to be kind to me on the time needed for guild/game things.

My rl problems just keep coming and Im getting very stressed out and pgoh may need to function alot of stuff without me for a while.

Meetings may need to be held by kodoz or another member if you hear nothing from either of us by 6-630 someone please takethe initiative same with events/hunts and such.

Now for the rl stuff, many know that i went to the dentist and found that i need 5 teeth pulled and i have the beginning of an infection due to a broken tooth.Now if that wasnt bad enough our landlord is trying to illegally evict us. Heres the info on that if anyone can help.

We signed a lease that we said we had dogs now he decides that our dogs are going to destroy his house(take in account they are dachshunds 2 are handicapped;5 total) Also ,this house is in the EXACT shape it has been when we moved in in october ,except the fact that we now have a new hot water heater because our hot water lasted 5 minutes for a shower so i called him to repair that.After we called him to repair that he now suddenly doesnt want us as tenants. We cause no problems in the neighborhood, we are quiet working ppl who just have dogs.They bark but not one neighbor has complained.

To add to all this he lets himself in anytime he wishes,or he used to, we had to call the cops because he constantly let himself in WHEN we werent home and we have proof of this.When we were home he wouldnt call or anyhing before he came he just walked in .It became so bad we chain our doors locked and changed our front door lock. Please if ANYONE can help please do.... i need advice. Im growing very tired of moving.

Thank you all

tell them that with a written lease, they should have a good amount of protection. if there are legal proceedings for an eviction, they can probably call the court for some instruction, because they are usually VERY helpful to residential tenants. tenants have a lot of rights. like being able to countersue a landlord.

Thats what Scout had to say

First, take care of your health! do the dental operation as soon as possible, I know, we all postpone the visits to the dentist because we like them so much... But, this way (the quick way) it will not add pain to the other things which need attention.

Yes, residential tenants have lots of rights (even in "barbaric places" :D). There is reason for this. Fax your lease to a lawyer who can view it, remark on it and even give a few 'courthouse quotes' or a few things you can tell your landlord to back off (<-T.H.E., I'm sure there is a lawyer here...) . I have two friends who are lawyers (YOU try to play D&D with lawyers :rofl: ). One of them even specializes in contracts, but they don't exactly know American laws... still I will try and ask for some advice about it all.

As for UO, I will do my best in trying to be there the next few days, as I will try to arrange what we need to. Just take care of yourself, so you can come back to us quickly and without worries!

I talked to an attorney one time about a house i was living in during my time out at college and he said that most of the time the nice thing about being the tenant is the courts usually take the tenants side because they know alot of landlords are shady. I dont know much about these things but if there is a contract and nothing in that contract is being broken you are fine. Contracts are the best thing to have in court because it eliminates alot of he said she said I think you will be fine as long as you have abided by your terms of the lease agreement.

I am sorry to hear about these troubles...and I hate not having a "solution" in my pocket for when people ask for help...but here is what i do have to offer, I know it is legal to video tape (read as web cam recording ) as long as there is NO audio being recorded. The fact the landlord comes in with out permission is illegal, I feel he wants the dogs out, to make this easier for himself. I am unsure why he wants in to begin with but without the dogs that would be easier for the landlord, whatevere the reason is, I know you do not want that..

This is my suiggestion to you: buy a cheap webcam, install it on your computer, ensure the power light is on, not necessarily recording, but indicating that it is ON: and have a little sign next to it, for example: written to yourself as a reminder: "I am being recorded to that website"... or something like that... this way if/when the landlord is there and reading this it will indicate that his presence is being recorded, and he will not know where the recordings are.... If you want to actually record thats up to you, but I am unsure of how to record to a device that the webcam is not physically attached to...my thinking is this: the old trick of "Beware of Dog" even though there was no dog...kept people from going in in the first place... anyways...just my unformatted thoughts on this...

OH, and just be cause we grow weary of "____", does NOT mean we are done with "_____"

I would be prepared to move, in this case, you have some time to do some looking around and re-searching...

Take the good and leave the rest.

-TimJ

In regards to what Mareak said, I'm not sure how legal that recording would be. Things like that are tricky and I'm not sure how it would hold up in a legal situation.

But Charlie, I do wish you the best and hope things start working out for you.