LOD

Balandar

Well, I think I can speak on behalf of myself, Fing, and Kalinaf and say yes. The gameplay has changed quite a bit, espicially for established players on the higher difficulty settings (Nightmare, Hell) but they have definately added enough new things to keep me interested. For those who don't know what's new:

New "Elite" weapons (the strongest in the game)

New Set and Unique items (you can now have partial set bonuses, which makes having even just 2 or 3 pieces of a given set worthwhile)

Armor can now have sockets

Runes (they can be insereted into socketed items and have unique attributes. And if some are insereted in a specific order into specific items, you can come out with a very very powerful item)

Jewels (Like gems, but with multiple attributes that are more like magic items that can be put into normal items)

The new Act 5 (Definately the most fun act of all)

If anyone who has the expansion wants to play, myself, Fing, and Kal always play in Game/Pass: pgoh/pgoh

If the game isn't up, start it, chances are one of us will join you at some point :D

I used to feel the same way, but I think with 7 character classes, and multiple ways to build them it's tons of fun. Plus, the Battle.net servers are way better now than they were when D2 first came out. So playing with different people online is the best part.

Yeah I would have to agree with you there Prom, when I first got D2 everyone else had already tried it and moved on.  So I didn't really know anyone playing it.  I gave it a shot but it didn't do anything for me.  I was a huge huge diablo 1 fan, thats where I met the guys who brought me over to UO originally were from.

Our old guild on Diablo had huge plans but they fell through.  So I was quite dissapointed, but now after giving it a 2nd go, the Bnet servers are better than they were during my 1st go at it.  You can do more with your hirelings, and keep them from act to act.  One of our friends his hireling is a higher level than his actual character.

It is worth it in my opinion.

Fing

ps If I am on I am either in game pgoh/pgoh, or you can msg me on bnet /msg *Fing()n