Wow is winning...

Maube

Hmmm...maybe it had entered what I like to call "The Funk Zone". My old Linksys wireless access point did that sometimes (refused web connections for configuration and randomly dropped one of my wireless devices periodically). Seemed to happen mostly after brown-outs.

*shrug* Maybe that reset helped...

We will find out... man I hope so...

I have liksys as well. You could make sure from the web page configuration for your router to open all the ports WoW advises to. It's on their technical page somewhere. If you can't find it, when I'm at home I can check my config on my router for the port settings and walk you through that as well. It may not be the issue, but it also certainly won't hurt to do it

Theres not much you should need to 'do' in most cases. If youre running in the deafult setup, with both machines on DHCP and no port triggering going on you shouldnt have to fiddle with it at all. But yeah some of thse linksys routers can do that, they just start actiing funky and you have to reset them after a while. Its probably all the NATing they have to do, our old CISCO router at my work had a similar problem where the NAT pool woul fill up with requests and badwidth would slow to a crawl and we would have to clear the NAT table to clear it up. Hope it helps!

I also have a linksys router with 4 systems (3 WinXp Sp2 and one Linux box) attached. At one point in time I had two WoW accounts (see pic) and had no problems playing at the same time. Try another port on the router, we have about half a dozen dead ports on our HP router at work. It's a real pain in the ass at times because nobody ever writes down which ones are bad. :) Also, do you have a NIC or just an Ethernet port on the motherboard?

If you are still having trouble over the weekend I can help you try to DMZ yourself and see if that fixes it. I should be around Sunday evening after like 5ish. Though I think you work then, so maybe later in the week.

I have had 2 machines on my network running WoW in game with no issues, however when one machine is running a patch update and the other is in playing I get really high ping times over 700.

I apologize if the items below were already covered.

1. Check your actually NIC settings and make sure you are at "auto" for speed and duplex neg

2. Do you have a software firewall or virus scanner running in the background? try to disable

3. Replace the patch cable

4. update firmware on the router

Good luck!

-Ralgar

What is NIC?

no to the second

patch cable?

Updated the Router

Havent been able to test the router reset since Katak has been in bed when I have been jumping through instances. find out tnight with the BGs if the alliance ever Qs!

What is NIC?

no to the second

patch cable?

Updated the Router

Havent been able to test the router reset since Katak has been in bed when I have been jumping through instances. find out tnight with the BGs if the alliance ever Qs!

Sorry I'm a techie >:L so I'm used to typing things like NIC

The NIC refers to the actual network card itself installed in your system - right click my network places and then properties > then do the same function on your local area connection. to the right of connect using there should be a "configure" button. In these settings you should go to the advanced tab and now you should be able to see the value for speed and duplex - make sure its set to auto (if not you could have a lot of randomly dropped packets and collisions between you and the router) which is why your husband does not have the same issue.

patch cable = the network cable running from your PC to the router - rarely do they go bad, however It does happen.

Good luck Maube!

Sounds like a router issue. Older routers can have issues with the game. Drivers wont cause you to get DC'd too often.

If this doesnt work Id reccomend investing in a good Netgear Router. Upgrading your router can work wonders for your online games.

I had an old router that MOSTLY worked but this new one works great.

i realize that by posting i keep this thread alive but....

STOP POSTING HERE. MAUBE WONT LEAVE. IF SHE DOES.... HAQ WILL KILL AN IMPORTANT ALLIANCE FIGURE WITH HIS EARLOBE. I have already lost Marjaan, and now Rhoach. Im done with the loosing. .. . ... ......

/rant off. :)

/casts a magical spell that fixes maubes internet D/C stuf. yay ;)

P.S. i got a free netgear wire and wireless router when i bought my new laptop fer da' fiance... not even open... we already got one(exactly the same :) ) .. i can mail it to ya if you want ;)

Edited by Houli