A fallen clan and a new home

Kodyak

The orc stood on the hill overlooking Tarren Mill. The smell of blood stirred the ancient curse within him from times past, but he controlled it and let the moment past. So much death lay before him as a battle for Alterac Valley spilled out into the small Forsaken village. The Forsaken would rebuild he knew, for they always did. Their tenacity for survival was evident in more ways than their refusal to die.

Much had changed since he left for his spirit journey. He had left the clan in what he thought was good hands. He returned to find the Clan Shadowbear was no more. In fact, he had learn that it had ended in this very place. The elders of the rebuilt clan had sent it's few members to find new homes or to scavenge for whatever existance they could find. He really couldn't blame them for he had been gone longer than he thought he would be and the elders had feared he was not going to return. Although he wondered if there wasn't more to it. If perhaps the burden that came with the name Shadowbear might have been too much for them. At times he felt like it was too much for him, but he knew he could not abandon it.

He was brought out of his inner turmoil by a rustling behind him. Turning, he found a large brown bear slowly lumbering his way. "Hullo my friend. Where you get that fish?" The bear simply lay on the ground by the orcs feet and nibbled at his snack. The orc looked back at the battle field and the dead. Would the Alliance never learn that the horde are not the biggest threat to this world? He guessed not and so he would continue to fight them when needed to ensure the supplies were kept ready for dealing with the real threats to this strange planet.

With Clan Shadowbear gone, the Orc knew he would need allies if he was to complete the task his father had left for him. Another sound stirred him from his thoughts this time. He turned slightly to see a large Tauren beside him looking out over the destruction.

"Hullo Morgh. I didn't hear you coming," the orc said with little emotion.

"Kodyak, why yah blah like dem humies still?" the druid asked.

With a sigh Kodyak responded, "A wise leader once told me 'If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.' I have spent the last few months learning everything I can about the Alliance, The Burning Legion, and the Silithid. And more importantly, learning everything I can about myself. Me nub forget de ol' blah."

The Tauren simple nodded and turned away. After a few step he asked, "Yah comin'? Da clan iz waitin' fer us."

"Me comin' soon. Me want tah tink a lil' more." With that Morgh turned and walked away. Kodyak stared at the valley below for only a moment. "Come on Arctos. We have a new clan that needs us now. The Skullcrushers are waiting. Perhaps someday we can tell them about our past and the burden we carry, but it's not time for that yet. Now is the time for bonding and forming friendships."

Arctos listed his head from his fish and let out questioning roar. The orc hunter simply laughed. "Yes old friend. I'm sure they have plenty of food for you."

They both started off in the direction Morgh had gone to join their new family. Clan Skullcrusher...