Friday 11/25 @ 8:30 PM EST

Altarial

Friday 11/25 @ 8:30 PM EST, we'll be going after Taskmaster Mirot and his skellie friends in LFay for my 2nd to last battle for my 1.5. Canard's half of the raid has been cancelled due to him going on a family vacation :D

Here's all the info about my raid:

*** Most of this copied from Canard's post cuz I'm lazy!! ***

Who: Dawnfire members, Mystic Legions members, friends and recruits 50+

When: Friday 11/25 @ 8:30 PM EST (if insufficient raid force of at least 4 groups by 9pm, the event will be cancelled).

Where: Lesser Faydark, SW corner (old orc camp now occupied by wayfarers)

Basic Info:

A Cleric must Hail Taskmaster Mirot to begin the event.

(Other classes will get a message that the camp isn't ready).

After you hail Taskmaster Mirot, all the "a wayfarer" mobs agro, all spouting off,

"You traitor, we've been waiting for you" type messages. They all hit for around 600. I believe there were 6 of them, all blue at 70.

Kill the wayfarers that aggro, and the camp immediately respawns full of undead and a new version of Taskmaster Mirot.

Kill the 6 skeletons and then kill Taskmaster Mirot (He casts AOE Feign Death)

Loot "Magically Sealed Letter"

Strategy: Will need at least 3.5 groups. Easy to get to mob that has a 2hr re-spawn. He starts out indiff at lvl 55. I'm the only one who can hail him to start event.

Most likely have to have a couple of enchanters and/or bards for CC. At least 4 tanks, but more is better. At least 4 healers and a couple of slowers (non-CC like shaman, beastlord or extra enchanters).

Resists to buff: MR <- VERY important for melee dps to have 200+ MR if you are low on healers

Setup: Make sure Taskmaster Mirot is up in Lfay. He is in the old orc camp closest to the LDoN entrances around 0, 3500. If he is not up, I was told he is only a 2 hour respawn. All casters (especially clerics) can bind next to the LDoN entrance to run back to the fight if they die. Have everyone buff up and stand out of the camp a ways. Only warriors, pallies and SKs should be in the camp and the one cleric spawning the event. Nothing is KoS to start.

The fight part 1: Cleric should stand next to Mirot in his hut and as far away from the other mobs as possible. Every tank should pretarget a wayfarer and get ready to grab agro. Once the cleric hails, Mirot will immediately despawn and 6 wayfarer mobs will agro. They are all warrior types and quad for about 656. The mezzers lock down as many as they can and the MA calls to kill one at a time. Everyone can come into the camp at this time.

Transition: Once you are down to the last wayfarer mob, you must make everyone back up out of the camp a good ways. The tank that wakes the last mob needs to pull it to the raid and out of the camp. The rest of the tanks go and wait inside the camp for the next wave. DPS and ONE tank finish off last mob. Even a ranger can tank these slowed if you are short tanks.

The fight part 2: Taskmaster Mirot and 6 undead skellies will spawn. At least 2 tanks need to be on taskmaster at all times because he rampages and just in case one goes down. These 2 tanks will pull Mirot away from the camp a ways, but not too far. I have heard if you get him too far away, he will summon the adds to him.

-Adds: All of the adds are clerics. Joy! 6 mobs with ch! They also cast MR based AE spells which is why your melee need high MR. Clerics get AE's for 850ish and with 6 mobs casting this, they will die fast. There are 2 types of skellies, light and dark. I saw only 2 dark skellies for both of my attempts. Have mezzers lock down all of the light skellies asap. They are easily mezzed. The dark skellies have extremely high MR and will need to be offtanked. Have dps concentrate on one of these to start. Kill all of the dark skellies and leave the others mezzed. They only seem to be able to triple for 826.

-Mirot: The fun part. He has an AE (480 DD with 6 second stun, FD, 24-35 second recast, range about 200, unresistable). The 2 tanks that pulled him from the raid must be ready to stand up once the AE goes off. If any caster or melee dps get hit with the AE, they need to stay down for at least 6 seconds because they will be stunned anyway and they will just grab agro. You can keep out of range with long range heals (remedies for clerics). He rampages and summons, but only seems to triple for 800. Once all of the dark skellies are dead, focus the dps on Mirot. Caster dps can use long range nukes (200 with extended range) to avoid the AE. Mirot MUST be kept away from the mezzers so controlled push is needed. His AE also removes mez from the adds. Melee dps stays down after AE for at least 7 seconds to allow the tanks to become unstunned and attack first. If you are under 50% health, stay down until you get a heal, but I don't see this being much of an issue with such a low DD unless you pull agro somehow.

-Cleanup: After Mirot is dead, kill the remaining cleric skellies one at a time. Should be cake by then unless you almost wiped to Mirot. If you barely kill Mirot, you can just wait a couple minutes for the adds to despawn and then go loot his corpse.

On failure, Mirot immediately respawns for another try. On success, I think he is a 2 hour respawn.

Other Loots:

*** All loot will be distributed on a need before greed basis ***

dirt_covered_belt_of_divinity.jpg

ethereal_silver_steel_band.jpg

muramite_plate_bracer_of_war.jpg

hollowed_bone_plated_mask.jpg

Archived